Euro Freeview coverage ??

Old June 29th 05, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Nick \(Scots\)

Default Euro Freeview coverage ??

Hi,

Has anyone exprienced Freeview for the Tour de France in france/italy
etc.Basically what's the coverage abroad.

Nick

Old June 29th 05, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
R L Driver

"Nick (Scots)" wrote in message
k...

Hi,

Has anyone exprienced Freeview for the Tour de France in france/italy
etc.Basically what's the coverage abroad.

Nick

Seeing we cant even get it in Wales , fairly skimpy I would have thought.

If you are not line of sight with a transmitter powerful enough to deliver
enough signal to enable a good picture then I'm afraid you've had it.
steve the grease

Old June 30th 05, 07:47 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
John Sangwin[_2_]

In message dated Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Nick (Scots) wrote:

Has anyone exprienced Freeview for the Tour de France in france/italy
etc.Basically what's the coverage abroad.

Sorry, I don't understand the question.
Freeview Television cannot be received outside the UK.
Satellite Television can be received through most of Europe, and it
often has programs which cover the Tour de France.

John

Old June 30th 05, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Nick \(Scots\)

"John Sangwin" wrote in message
In message dated Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Nick (Scots) wrote:

Has anyone exprienced Freeview for the Tour de France in france/italy
etc.Basically what's the coverage abroad.

Well soemsites hint you can access french (secam) stuff. I bought a Lilliput
mini tv supposedly international and able to recieve SECAM, french.

Of course it worked in Italy, Belgium, Austria but NOT france, grrrrrr.
The whole point was to spend 150pounds and save mone by not going to
the bar every day at 4pm.

Sorry, I don't understand the question.
Freeview Television cannot be received outside the UK.
Satellite Television can be received through most of Europe, and it often
has programs which cover the Tour de France.

Yeah, you can buy a mini sky box. Phone them up and say you are going
abroad, then you get full access to all programs and then when you return
phone them and it reverts back to whatever package.

Mont Ventoux and ALp D'Huez have camper vans with TDF coverage.

Nick

Old July 1st 05, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
dario osaris[_2_]

John Sangwin wrote:

Has anyone exprienced Freeview for the Tour de France in france/italy
etc.Basically what's the coverage abroad.

Freeview Television cannot be received outside the UK.

what do you mean by "Freeview" ?

my impression is it's just a matter of the term "Freeview"

AFAIK it's the same technique that's called DVB-T on the continent
(digital video broadcasting terrestical). If you've got such a
receiver it will work all over Europe, because it's standard
based on an agreement of the EBU. It doesn't deal any longer
with PAL, SECAM, NTSC and such.

The coverage of DVB-T isn't fully established yet,
but they're working on it. Coverage is better closer to larger cities.
In some cities there's no terrestrial analog-TV any longer.

As DVB-T goes terrestial you'll only be able to receive regional
transmitters which are essentially independent of the tv-prog they
broadcast. (Additionaly it may be encrypted or not)
But there's nearly no chance to get your home programm
elsewhere via DVB-T.

but of coarse nearly every tv-station across EU will bring reports about
the Tour de France.
more or less.

John

Dario
Old July 2nd 05, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
John Sangwin[_2_]

In message dated Fri, 1 Jul 2005, dario osaris wrote:

what do you mean by "Freeview" ?

my impression is it's just a matter of the term "Freeview"

No, it is an official trade name of a service available only in the UK.

John

Old July 3rd 05, 02:15 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ROBIN DUMPLETON

Hmm TV....Bar......TV.......Bar.... Bar ;-))