where do you store your motorhome?

Old July 4th 05, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Gary

Default where do you store your motorhome?

Thinking of buying a 4 berther, seems a bit big to leave on the
street, but storage sites seems a bit dodgy, so what do you do?

Old July 4th 05, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

"Gary" wrote in message
Thinking of buying a 4 berther, seems a bit big to leave on the
street, but storage sites seems a bit dodgy, so what do you do?

It'll also be too big to park legally on the streets at night without lights
so off road parking is a must. Mine lives on the drive, if I didn't have a
drive I'd put an ad in the local shop offering some money to someone to put
it on their drive. Alternatively use a storage site. The main source of
theft from these is Pikeys but as they prefer caravans to campers you should
be pretty safe.

Rgds

Andy R

Old July 5th 05, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Duke

The Caravan club have storage facilities on a number of their sites. I
store mine at Welwyn for about 400 per year. Also, your insurance
company will want to know all about the storage facility - CCTV etc and
the postcode can make a difference to the premium.

Old July 5th 05, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
S. Watson

i store mine in the pub carpark for free
just costs me the odd pint for the landlord :-)
stan

Old July 5th 05, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Gary

On 5 Jul 2005 06:30:59 -0700, "Duke"
wrote:

The Caravan club have storage facilities on a number of their sites. I
store mine at Welwyn for about ?400 per year. Also, your insurance
company will want to know all about the storage facility - CCTV etc and
the postcode can make a difference to the premium.

Bit akward for us. Stan has the idea at the pub but alas we dont have
one local enough.
Old July 21st 05, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
JB

"Andy R" wrote in message

"Gary" wrote in message
Thinking of buying a 4 berther, seems a bit big to leave on the
street, but storage sites seems a bit dodgy, so what do you do?

It'll also be too big to park legally on the streets at night without
lights so off road parking is a must.

I'm not doubting what you write as I don't know, but do you know what law
says that? I was under the impression that only commercial vehicles had
rules about where they were stored.

In any event, I wouldn't feel confident leaving mine on the street. I pay
full whack for storage :-(

Old July 22nd 05, 07:20 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

"JB" wrote in message

"Andy R" wrote in message

"Gary" wrote in message
Thinking of buying a 4 berther, seems a bit big to leave on the
street, but storage sites seems a bit dodgy, so what do you do?

It'll also be too big to park legally on the streets at night without
lights so off road parking is a must.

I'm not doubting what you write as I don't know, but do you know what law
says that?

Take a look at the highway code, http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/22.htm, the
concession to park on the road at night without lights only applies to
vehicles with an unladen weight under 1525Kg in a 30mph or less zone and
facing the right way.

Rgds

Andy R