TV Abroad

Old July 4th 05, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
John[_10_]

Default TV Abroad

What TV channels will I be able to pick up in France, Switzerland,
terrestrial antenna wise?
Specifically the Tour de France.

Colleen & John Hughes

Old July 4th 05, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dave Hardy[_3_]

"John" wrote in message
What TV channels will I be able to pick up in France, Switzerland,
terrestrial antenna wise?
Specifically the Tour de France.

Colleen & John Hughes

English TV sets won't work with French terrestrial signals. However, if
you've a Sat dish setup, you should be able to tune to the Astra 2D
satellite which will give you BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, BBC News24, ITV3, Sky News,
CNN, and all the other crap like Bid-TV, Creative Crafts, etc.

Try http://www.lyngsat.com/ for all the satellite co-ordinates and channel
listings for Europe.

We live about 5 miles away from this year's Tour de France route - they're
coming through tomorrow afternoon. Got the cool box sorted....

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Old July 4th 05, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
John[_10_]

"Dave Hardy" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
What TV channels will I be able to pick up in France, Switzerland,
terrestrial antenna wise?
Specifically the Tour de France.

Colleen & John Hughes

English TV sets won't work with French terrestrial signals. However, if
you've a Sat dish setup, you should be able to tune to the Astra 2D
satellite which will give you BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, BBC News24, ITV3, Sky
News, CNN, and all the other crap like Bid-TV, Creative Crafts, etc.

Try http://www.lyngsat.com/ for all the satellite co-ordinates and
channel listings for Europe.

We live about 5 miles away from this year's Tour de France route - they're
coming through tomorrow afternoon. Got the cool box sorted....

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

We are travelling to Zurich (doing an Ironman) on the 13/14th of July, and
was hoping to watch the tour on the TV in the van. Cheers, have a good day
tomorrow

Old July 5th 05, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
John Sangwin[_2_]

In message dated Mon, 4 Jul 2005, John wrote:

What TV channels will I be able to pick up in France, Switzerland,
terrestrial antenna wise?
Specifically the Tour de France.

You will only be able to pick up local TV channels if you have a
multi-standard TV set. Foreign systems are different to UK.

If you do have a multi-standard TV then many of the local channels will
have coverage of the Tour de France, the commentary being in French etc.

John

Old July 5th 05, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
s--p--o--n--i--x

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 08:32:01 GMT, John Sangwin
wrote:

In message dated Mon, 4 Jul 2005, John wrote:

What TV channels will I be able to pick up in France, Switzerland,
terrestrial antenna wise?
Specifically the Tour de France.

You will only be able to pick up local TV channels if you have a
multi-standard TV set.

...or a "standards converter".

sponix
Old July 21st 05, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mike Williams[_2_]

"John" wrote in message
What TV channels will I be able to pick up in France, Switzerland,
terrestrial antenna wise?
Specifically the Tour de France.

Why don't you take your telly out of your living room with you then you can
watch Corronation Street and Eastenders from whereever you are ;-))