Can anyone help with information?

Old July 5th 05, 01:19 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Alan Holmes

Default Can anyone help with information?

I want to buy a motor caravan, there seem to be a big
variety of makes and models about.

But, I'm having a lot of trouble finding one with two
berths at the back, making two single beds, one of
which HAS to be at least 6 foot 3 inches long, I'm
tall and it needs to be that size to accommodate me.

So, has anyone ay ideas as to which make and model
will give me the features that I'm after?

For the rest of the van, I'd like a shower/toilet
compartment, a three or four burner hob, not much
interested in an oven but would not turn down a
suitable vehicle just because it has one, a fridge,
and gas bottle storage for the 7Kg gas bottles.

Can't think of anything else but as soon as I've
posted this a dozen other 'essential' requirements
will come to mind!(:-)

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

Old July 6th 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
John Sangwin[_2_]

In message dated Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Alan Holmes wrote:

I want to buy a motor caravan, there seem to be a big
variety of makes and models about.

Indeed!

But, I'm having a lot of trouble finding one with two
berths at the back, making two single beds, one of
which HAS to be at least 6 foot 3 inches long, I'm
tall and it needs to be that size to accommodate me.
So, has anyone ay ideas as to which make and model
will give me the features that I'm after?

There are a few meeting that bed requirement, but it all depends on what
type of motorhome, and what price range you had in mind?

For the rest of the van, I'd like a shower/toilet
compartment, a three or four burner hob, not much
interested in an oven but would not turn down a
suitable vehicle just because it has one, a fridge,
and gas bottle storage for the 7Kg gas bottles.

My current motorhome meets your bed requirements, and all of that
exactly, but it is an "A" type, and has only been produced for 2 years.
Therefore, even a second hand model would be pricey.

It is a Hymer model B634, and could cost over 50 grand new. If
interested, look at HymerUK website for details.

There are, of course, others makes and models that meet your
requirements, and I would suggest going to one of the large motorhome
shows, and browse all the types and models available.

Good luck

John