connectors for Autogas tanks in UK ?

Old July 6th 05, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
dario osaris[_2_]

Default connectors for Autogas tanks in UK ?

hi netlanders,

could some kind soul please enlighten me about the connectors'
standard for AUTOGAS (= Propane) in U.K. ?

I realized there are several different standards for
propane cylinders/bottles around.
Are the connectors for tanks more standardized?

Can I rely at the filling station to get my tank with a ACME 1 3/4"
connectors filled?

thanx for hints.

Dario
Old July 7th 05, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ROBIN DUMPLETON

You'll need a standard adapter from ACME to bayonet, there are often a few
on ebay, but any autogas place should be able to supply. It is unlikely that
big boys have adapters and little guys don't let them out without a wheel
and tyre attached to stop them being stolen.

Robin

Old July 7th 05, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
CampinGazz

"dario osaris" wrote in message
hi netlanders,

could some kind soul please enlighten me about the connectors'
standard for AUTOGAS (= Propane) in U.K. ?

I realized there are several different standards for
propane cylinders/bottles around.
Are the connectors for tanks more standardized?

Can I rely at the filling station to get my tank with a ACME 1 3/4"
connectors filled?

Over here the standard auto gas nossle uses the dutch bayonet fixing.

different countries still use different connectors for the autogas, but it
does seem the dutch bayonet is more popular... i've filled up my tank with
the dutch bayonet filler on it in england, holland, france (near calais)
Luxemburg, and germany so far.

I bought an adaptor to go to the french and italian cup filler, cost me 4
euro's 50 in a french filing station shop, but i've never used it yet,

But that same adaptor that cost me a the equivelent of a couple of quid,
sells over here for upto 30 quid!!! the places that sell re-fillable gas
bottles are the worst for rip off adaptor prices.

But as you've got an acme filler over here (usefull in ireland, but no where
else this side of the pond really) you'll need to pay an inflated price for
the adaptor to use the pumps over here,

check ebay tho as has been pointed out, or just search on google for acme to
dutch bayonet adaptor, and choose the cheapest one.