Talbot Express/Ducato driveshaft

Old July 13th 05, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Steptoe[_2_]

Default Talbot Express/Ducato driveshaft

Has anyone had any experience with removing/refitting the nearside
driveshaft on the early(1989) Express/Ducato

I recently removed and refitted ( or thought I did! ) the shafts when
I replaced the clutch. Unfortunately after about 800 miles the LHS
shaft worked loose in the diff socket housing. Should I have replaced
the locating circlip, used loctite,or WHY, any tips to stop it
happening again would be gratefully received. The Peter Russek manual
says to secure the O-ring with the circlip which seems puzzling, is
this in fact a correct procedure?

Old July 18th 05, 09:11 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Steptoe[_2_]

Steve,

thanks for your helpful advice; I was worried that I had caused the
problem in the first place by hammering the end of the shaft too hard
to get it in.

as I've put a split in the CV boot during my roadside repair &
will have to replace it, I guess I will get a better insertion by
wacking inside of the CV joint, rather than on end of shaft, before
assembling joint & fitting new boot.

On pulling it apart today, I was somewhat surprised to find the
'circlip' is in fact a springy bit of wire; tranny base for me next
time