spencer motorhomes

Old July 21st 05, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
morrmorr

Default spencer motorhomes

hi gang
bought a motorhome on ebay, well i have if all checks out prior to
paying!
it is a spencer sightseeker , which i have never heard of. i phoned
for insurence and although they had heard of spencer as a maker they
did not list my model. any 1 know anything about spencer in general?
kind regards
lee

Old July 21st 05, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
mrcheerful .

"morrmorr" wrote in
message ...
hi gang
bought a motorhome on ebay, well i have if all checks out prior to
paying!
it is a spencer sightseeker , which i have never heard of. i phoned
for insurence and although they had heard of spencer as a maker they
did not list my model. any 1 know anything about spencer in general?
kind regards
lee

cut and paste:

Spencer Motorhomes was a high-quality builder of both overcab and 'A'-class
coachbuilt motorhomes. Bob Spencer's company sold new and pre-owned
motorcaravans, as well as building motorcaravans for stock.
I seem to remember that Spencer Motorhomes disappeared in the late
'80s/early '90s, which is a pity because the quality and design of their
conversions were highly regarded in their day.
My favourite at the time was their large 'A'-class on a Dodge four-ton
chassis with a 4.0-litre turbo-diesel Renault engine. It was a serious
motorcaravan and was also available with four-wheel drive. Pictured at this
years Motor Caravanners' Club Five Groups Rally is one of their smaller
overcab coachbuilts, a Sherwood on a Ford Transit.

mrcheerful