Stop-over near Scottish border?

Old July 24th 05, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Tony Shelley

Default Stop-over near Scottish border?

Hi group,

We're travelling to Scotland next weekend in our motorhome and, to extend
the holiday a bit, we were thinking of travelling up the night before and
just getting a few hours kip somewhere betweeen Penrith and Carlisle.

Anyone got any suggestions for a place to get our heads down for a while
without staying on a campsite?

We'll be getting to the border sometime between 11 and midnight so we were
thinking of either truckstops or maybe a 24hr supermarket carpark, either
way we get a reasonable breakfast before we set off again.

Have any of you had any grief parking in supermarkets overnight? apart from
the obvious problem of height barriers.

Any recommendations please, otherwise we'll just take pot luck when we get
there.

Cheers

Tony & Debbie