Leisure battery indicator question

Old August 2nd 05, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Blobby

Default Leisure battery indicator question

I purchased a 85Amp Leisure battery with a Turbo charger. The charger
is only an entry level model and it takes 15hrs to fully charge a 45Amp

battery. To fully charge the 85Amp battery it says in the instructions
to leave it charging for a longer time. I have charged it now for 24hrs

and the battery only seems half full(as per the chargers battery
meter). The battery keeps on making bubbling noises and I have attached

an adaptor and mini tube to the ventilation hole as per the
instructions. I would have expected the battery to be more charged than

it is. Also the green indicator light is green but has small metal bits

on it which are clearly visible and were not there before. Is this
normal or does this indicate that the battery might be faulty? I have
tested the battery and it appears to work.......