Caught speeding in France

Old August 11th 05, 07:40 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Jock[_2_]

Default Caught speeding in France

I was recently caught by a speed camera whilst touring France. Am I likely
to receive a postal fine in UK for this "misdemeanour" or are EU reciprocal
agreements not yet in place?
TIA
Jock

Old August 11th 05, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
DaveK

"Jock" wrote in message
I was recently caught by a speed camera whilst touring France. Am I likely
to receive a postal fine in UK for this "misdemeanour" or are EU reciprocal
agreements not yet in place?
TIA
Jock

Norwich Union reference on web dated February 2004, stating the French want
to have european wide motoring law, so that each country could pursue
offenders for unpaid penalties. Don't know if they got it up and running.
(The French government has announced a raised level of security alert, from
'run' to 'hide'. The only higher levels are 'surrender' and 'colloborate'.
The announcement follows a fire at the national white flag factory which has
caused major disruption to supply).
DaveK.

Old August 12th 05, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Alan Holmes

"Jock" wrote in message
I was recently caught by a speed camera whilst touring France. Am I likely
to receive a postal fine in UK for this "misdemeanour" or are EU reciprocal
agreements not yet in place?

Always ask to see the 'evidence', the whole thing will probably be
forgotten.

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

TIA
Jock

Old August 12th 05, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dave Hardy[_3_]

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Jock" wrote in message
I was recently caught by a speed camera whilst touring France. Am I likely
to receive a postal fine in UK for this "misdemeanour" or are EU
reciprocal agreements not yet in place?

Always ask to see the 'evidence', the whole thing will probably be
forgotten.

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

TIA
Jock

Over here in Deux Sevres (79), they've only got 6 fixed radars in the whole
departement, but even though they're really well publicised so you can't
miss them, the locals are up in arms. The other day, they tarred and
feathered one of the cameras!

The councils here are really worried over the number of speed related deaths
and have just given the gendarmes a load of cash to buy new hand held radar
guns and they're now out in force using them. Watch out for oncoming
motorist flashing their lights at you......

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html