What Sealant?

Old August 13th 05, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
David Westerman[_2_]

Default What Sealant?

I have to replace the broken fresh water filler cap and lock on my Trigano
Tribute and have at last managed to get the right parts from Autotrail.

The broken part is fastened to the "white van" metal panel with 4 self
tapping screws (I assume) and large amounts of a white/grey sealant which I
will have to cut through with a sharp blade.

When I replace the part, will ordinary bathroom silicone sealant be the
right stuff to use or is there something better? Can someone recommend the
right stuff to get (hopefully tomorrow from B&Q, Focus or Wickes)

Thanks for all useful advice.

Dave W.