Rear skirt

Old August 15th 05, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
[email protected]

Default Rear skirt

Hi
I have a CI Motorhomes Mizar 140.
The plastic rear skirt, which holds the light clusters, number plate
etc has a
very large split in it (it got caught as I was driving forward)
Is thee anything I can use to successfully stick/ repair it?
Tried super glue but dosn`t seem to stick it.
Cheers
Gerry Harris

Old August 15th 05, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
DaveK

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi
I have a CI Motorhomes Mizar 140.
The plastic rear skirt, which holds the light clusters, number plate
etc has a
very large split in it (it got caught as I was driving forward)
Is thee anything I can use to successfully stick/ repair it?
Tried super glue but dosn`t seem to stick it.
Cheers
Gerry Harris

Can you get to the back of it? If so a piece of plastic- formica, wash up
bowl, plant pot- pasted with araldite will glue it together and reinforce it
too.
'Super glue' is an oxymoron.
Adhesive specially for hard plastics may do the job-check the panel is
plastic and not something that might melt with solvent in the glue.
DaveK.

Old August 15th 05, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
[email protected]

Thanks for the replies so far.
I can get at the rear of the panel without any problem.
Perhaps fiberglass matting and resin on the back of the split will be
the answer.
Cheers
Gerry Harris

Old August 16th 05, 06:12 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ROBIN DUMPLETON

Depends how much you want to spend a bodyshop can weld it like a car bumper.

repair would cost about 150 welded filled and repainted.

Robin

oups.com...