Taking Food to France

« handbook | handbook »

Old August 18th 05, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
KM[_3_]

Default Taking Food to France

Hi All,

Tomorrow we embark on our first trip south of Plymouth!

Anyone advise what "Perishable" foods I am allowed to take and how
stringently are restrictions enforced

Ta

KM

--
===========================
Martyn Kinder G0CZD

Open-Xchange 0.8b5

http://www.czd.org.uk

Old August 18th 05, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
KM[_3_]

Tone wrote:
I doubt you will have any problems, but why would you want to take
food to France ? Food over there is far better and far cheaper

'Coals to Newcastle' springs to mind !

Hi Tone,

thanks for that. I was just thinking of a few odds and sods to get us
through the first day. Milk, butter and perhaps enough for a meal or two.
Som fruit perhaps
--
===========================
Martyn Kinder G0CZD

Open-Xchange 0.8b5

http://www.czd.org.uk

Old August 18th 05, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
KM[_3_]

Tone wrote:
You wont have any problems taking stuff like that with you.
We always take a pint of milk and some bread butter and Jam for Bfast
as we usually take a night sailing, but then dive into the first
supermarket we see to stock up with Saussage & cheese.

Last year we found a supermarket that had a pack of about 30 little
chicken hearts. The wife made up something to soak them in then we
bunged them on sticks on the BBQ, marvellous and all for about 30p

Good stuff. We are sailing overnite tomorrow. Landing at Roscoffe earlyish,
so will dive in the supermarche on arrival Sat am

Cheers

Martyn
--
===========================
Martyn Kinder G0CZD

Open-Xchange 0.8b5

http://www.czd.org.uk

Old August 18th 05, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Spanner

english bacon is the only thing you need, the rest of french food is
farrrrrrrrrrrrrr superior!

Old August 18th 05, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
DaveK

"Spanner" wrote in message
english bacon is the only thing you need, the rest of french food is
farrrrrrrrrrrrrr superior!

Correct, but Lidl and Aldi have bacon medallions which are superb. Not quite
the full rasher but they fry in their own fat - as opposed to boiling in
their own water.
DaveK.

Old August 22nd 05, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
RustYŠ

"KM" wrote in message

Anyone advise what "Perishable" foods I am allowed to take and how
stringently are restrictions enforced

We are 'fridgeless' and though not perishable coffee-mate is virtually
unobtainable in France so is on our list.

« handbook | handbook »