Towbar - Boxer based Explorer Coachbuilt

Old August 25th 05, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Tony Shelley

Default Towbar - Boxer based Explorer Coachbuilt

Hi,

Has anyone any experience of fitting a towbar to a Peugeot based Compass /
Elddis motorhome?

Ours is a 2.0 HDi Compass Avantgarde 200 and we're thinking of
'occasionally' towing our Corsa on a twin axle trailer.

Obviously there's no aerodynamic effort, just the weight of the car /
trailer combo, is this likely to cause too much of a problem? Also, is the
reduced departure angle / rear clearance going to be a problem?

I've seen a number of similar sized 'vans either towing trailers or A-frames
so it is being done (pristine, tax exempt MG Midget was the nicest set-up
I've seen). I know the theory, would just like some views from people who've
been there, done that etc.

That said, finding out maximum train weight is proving a little trickier
than I imagined, any input here also gratefully received.

Thanks in advance, keep waving

Tony & Debbie