New Hard Drive

Old October 31st 03, 06:53 PM posted to demon.local,uk.rec.caravanning
Phil Kyyle

Default New Hard Drive

satan (Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip) wrote
in s.com:

The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Wim Jay,
and I thusly replied:

"Paul Spencer" wrote in message

Rather than continuing to hang on the phone, I thought I would ask the
massed ranks of d.l...

I need a bigger hard drive for an old Time Computers PC running Win
2k. I am thinking of the IBM/HGST Deskstar 180GXP ATA-100, or, failing
that, a WD Caviar drive of 120 or 180GB. Other suggestions welcome.

But life has all got too complicated. According to Device Mangler, I
have a "standard dual channel IDE PCI controller". How do I know if I
can just plug one of these disks onto an existing IDE cable? I imagine
that whether the disk is ATA-100 or ATA-133 is relevant.

No worries about moving OS etc - I am replacing an existing second
drive with this and leaving the C: drive alone.

If Neil offers to help you with this, just say no.

Indeed. Lord only knows what kind of spyware he would set up that would
"phone home" and report passwords and things...

I bet he's got a scanner you know. And he puts a glass up to the wall to
listen to the neighbours. And then there's his telephoto camera. I bet he's
got a nightvision scope an' all. I can't believe they let nutters like him
have guns legally. Then again, maybe they don't...

--
I am Phil Kyle

http://thrill.to/philkyle

"Obviously you don't care what anybody thinks about you at all, is that
why you're so pathetic as to have a website featuring your but-ugly
self, thinking you're funny, entertaining yourself by flooding
newsgroups with email. Do you hear anybody on earth laughing with you
instead of at you? Seriously give up, I can block you in a couple of
seconds as can most people on this group. What benefits could you
possibly get by doing this sort of crap?"
Old November 1st 03, 10:45 AM posted to demon.local,uk.rec.caravanning
Wim Jay

"Piers C. Structures" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

And when you don't keep up the payments, we can laugh as you pay
homage to bubba in some grotty, damp prison cell.

Yet another with the fixation on male rape. Is it a public school thing?

Seems a fair price
to pay for the right post your bile, wouldn't you say?

Seems to me you lot are reaping a fair old whirlwind from the storm some of
you created elsewhere last year. I wonder if any of them now think it was
worth it?

Still, nice to see you've fixed your sig, Eddie.

(Don't believe everything the sig bunnies claim)

p.s. Save yourself the time of replying along the lines of, "Oh, so we are
making you do it, Wim, blah... blah... blah.

As one of your own said, in yet another infamous dl quote: "It's felt
necessary if/when the original newsgroup fails to take action in an
appropriate manner against the malcontent. 'Tit-for-tat' is a childish, but
understandable, attitude." I quite agree.

--
Wim - Ignore the trolls who may appear in demon local telling you how
things must be done. Read the FAQ at

Old November 1st 03, 10:47 AM posted to demon.local,uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 11:20:55 GMT, (Piers C.
Structures) wrote:

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 10:14:02 GMT,
satan
(Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip) wrote:

[s]
The Burton Mail is a well known safe-harbour for many criminals. They can
disguise their illegal activities as part of their job, you see.

You know, there is a point to suing people like you. It would put you
in debt for years; every time you managed to scrimp and save up for a
can of beans, we could laugh as the balifs snatch them away from you.
And when you don't keep up the payments, we can laugh as you pay
homage to bubba in some grotty, damp prison cell. Seems a fair price
to pay for the right post your bile, wouldn't you say?

If I were you, I'd excercise a bit more care with your insults. It
will cost somone less than 60 quid and a bit of time to start you
jumping through the hoops. Just so as you don't think I'm not a
charitable type, I'll kindly offer to fund half of that to any dl
regular who who feels slighted by your odious half-witted defamatory
twitchings.

Still, nice to see you've fixed your sig, Eddie.

Alas, Pierce, you do not understand the justice system at all, do you?

--
Paul
My Lake District walking site (updated 29th September 2003):

Please sponsor me for the London Marathon at:
http://www.justgiving.com/london2004
Old November 1st 03, 10:47 AM posted to demon.local,uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 11:21:54 GMT, satan
(Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip) wrote:

The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Piers C.
Structures, and I thusly replied:

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 10:14:02 GMT,
satan
(Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip) wrote:

[s]
The Burton Mail is a well known safe-harbour for many criminals. They
can disguise their illegal activities as part of their job, you see.

You know, there is a point to suing people like you. It would put you
in debt for years; [...]

Come now! This is a "robust" group. If you can't stand the heat, well, you
know what to do.

But as JK says about brinkmanship...

If I were you, I'd excercise a bit more care with your insults. It
will cost somone less than 60 quid and a bit of time to start you
jumping through the hoops. Just so as you don't think I'm not a
charitable type, I'll kindly offer to fund half of that to any dl
regular who who feels slighted by your odious half-witted defamatory
twitchings.

I would prefer it if you spent your hard earned cash on a charitable
donation such as supporting Mr Rooney in his marathon efforts instead of
lining a lawyer's pocket!

I agree most heartily with this post!

Old November 1st 03, 01:47 PM posted to demon.local,uk.rec.caravanning
Craig Oldfield

In article , Pedt "\"@ @
burbled happily...

You know, there is a point to suing people like you. It would put you
in debt for years; [...]

Come now! This is a "robust" group.

Newspapers are often happy to spend significant amounts of dosh to
preserve their reputation, as has been evidenced in the past. Rather
think you'd have a hard job convincing a judge that 'robust' means
'defame with impunity' if you were sued over it.

Joy of joys, I do believe that elsewhere a police complaint has been
made. Looks like Eddie has painted himself into a corner.

--
Craig Oldfield
Old November 1st 03, 03:08 PM posted to demon.local,uk.rec.caravanning
Phil Kyyle

satan (Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip) wrote
in s.com:

The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Phil
Kyyle, and I thusly replied:

wrote in s.com:

[...]

Yes all this "investigative" reporting. Ha!

Old November 1st 03, 04:20 PM posted to demon.local,uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 17:12:17 GMT, (Major Neil
Barking) wrote:

You must be near my god woman

She is. She's divine.