Caravan Club censorship

Old September 5th 05, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
dark horse

Default Caravan Club censorship

I would like you all to know how the Caravan Club deals with members who
express dissent....it gags them!
On seeing an article in the July magazine in which the Club Chairman spoke
out against wild camping, saying it was illegal in the UK and deploring
"trends" which encourage off-site camping elsewhere (Aire de Camping Cars
presumably) I wrote to the magazine suggesting he should more accurately
reflect the views of motor caravanners who want to use their vehicles for
their best purpose...touring! I also challenged him to name the Act and
Section of this mythical law which prevents us doing what comes naturally,
i.e. sleeping. I pointed out that every night thousands of truckers do it
in lay-bys and car parks without getting into trouble. Result? Not a word
published.When my membership comes up for renewal I shall be doing some
serious thinking about whether the Caravan Club is really interested in
motor-caravanners.Any support on this?