Cheap ferry!

Old July 11th 03, 06:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mick

Default Cheap ferry!

I do not mind what time the crossing is as long as it is a reasonable
price,what I cannot understand is why does it cost more the longer I stay in
France? I could understand it if I was staying Full Board on the ship, can
someone explain in simple terms why?
--

Mick

--

Mick

"Gilly" wrote in message
You lucky, lucky. b***er.......thought I did well!

I booked online direct with P&O and paid 238 for our July 16th crossing -
and only got that by choosing from an early outbound crossing (7am)......but
then paid another 150 or so for Red Pennant insurance although that does
inc the personal cover (also includes a 30 extra premium cos our ageing
Landrover is over 10 years old sigh)

Saying that I shopped around somewhat and could not get it anywhere near
that elsewhere - booked our sites through the CC and it was still cheaper to
pay their surcharge (25) for not booking the ferry through them. (Their
ferry quote was, I think in the region of 350 at the time)

Enjoy your trip!

Gilly.

"John B." wrote in message
Hi all,

I've just booked a Dover / Calais crossing for mid August with
www.ferry.co.uk for a car + 6m van for 191.00, incl free AA travel
insurance. Without logging on, the price is 198.00 but no insurance.The
site is owned and operated by P&O themselves. Their official site, even

with
logging on, quoted 380.00, with the same insurance at 35.00! The Caravan
Club on-line booking quoted 312.00. All the same ferry times!!!!!

I did have a problem with the actual payment part of the process, it would
not accept the proceedure, but found the phone number (0870 598 00 00) and
got and paid the same quoted price over the phone. (with the free

insurance)

Get booking!

John B.

--
Remove nospam from email address to reply

---

Old July 11th 03, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
AH

think the ferry companies have had it easy for too long, their pricing
structure has never made sense.
however look at www.ferry.co.uk, i am currently in france and used the
service for a m/home, the price was unbeatable and it didnt matter what time
of day I travelled
I am assuming you are looking at Dover - Calais.
AH