Truma Ultraheat

Old November 1st 03, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Joe Taylor

Default Truma Ultraheat

While away last week the Truma heater refused to work on electricity.It
worked fine on gas.
The model is called ultraheat it has 3 power settings and a
thermostat.Can anybody suggest a likely cause of the problem .I suspect the
thermostat but I do not know were it is located.
Joe

Old November 1st 03, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills

"Joe Taylor" wrote in message
While away last week the Truma heater refused to work on electricity.It
worked fine on gas.
The model is called ultraheat it has 3 power settings and a
thermostat.Can anybody suggest a likely cause of the problem .I suspect

the
thermostat but I do not know were it is located.
Joe

Have you checked all the fuses and trips?

Roger

Old November 1st 03, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Robert Spilleboudt

Joe Taylor wrote
While away last week the Truma heater refused to work on electricity.It
worked fine on gas.
The model is called ultraheat it has 3 power settings and a
thermostat.Can anybody suggest a likely cause of the problem .I suspect the
thermostat but I do not know were it is located.
Joe

I mounted a Ultraheat former week in my caravan.
The thermostat is within the little control unit, which as two rotary
buttons:
- 4 positions off 500 1000 2000 W
- the thermostat, with a number from 1 to ??
There is a long multiwire cable to the back of the Ultraheat: check the
plug.
Robert
Old November 1st 03, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 17:08:24 +0000 (UTC), "Joe Taylor"
wrote:

While away last week the Truma heater refused to work on electricity.It
worked fine on gas.
The model is called ultraheat it has 3 power settings and a
thermostat.Can anybody suggest a likely cause of the problem .I suspect the
thermostat but I do not know were it is located.
Joe

I seem to remeber a reply to a similar question a short time ago
suggested that there is a kettle type lead that connects into the back
of the heater to supply power and that this sometimes comes adrift. It
might be worth a look.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old November 1st 03, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Milnes

And don't forget to check the fuse, usually on the power unit.

Cheers, Peter.

"Robert Spilleboudt" wrote in message
: Joe Taylor wrote
: While away last week the Truma heater refused to work on electricity.It
: worked fine on gas.
: The model is called ultraheat it has 3 power settings and a
: thermostat.Can anybody suggest a likely cause of the problem .I suspect the
: thermostat but I do not know were it is located.
: Joe
:
:
:

Old November 2nd 03, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Joe Taylor

"Joe Taylor" wrote in message
While away last week the Truma heater refused to work on electricity.It
worked fine on gas.
The model is called ultraheat it has 3 power settings and a
thermostat.Can anybody suggest a likely cause of the problem .I suspect

the
thermostat but I do not know were it is located.
Joe

Many thanks for your replies,up to now I have been unsuccessful but I will

keep trying
Joe