Turnpike Kill Rules (Tony)

Old November 1st 03, 07:40 PM posted to demon.local,uk.rec.caravanning
Phil Kyyle

Default Turnpike Kill Rules (Tony)

Tony Wright wrote in news:lhoxEjp5C$o
:

A lines limit is recommended -- 300 or so should cover most
eventualities short of starting Piers off on n*ural n*ts.

The following rules are regular expressions that should work on any
newsreader with good support for regexp and the rules are explained in
context:

/^Newsgroups:.*,.*,/h
(kills x-posts to more than 2 newsgroups - add .*, to make 3 ng)
OR
/^Newsgroups:.*,/h
(kills all x-posts)

(kills anything posted via Altopia -- many bozos)

(Kills anything posted via Teranews - awwwh diddums)

(Kills anything posted via Easynews - wowfab + puppets)

An interesting addition which kills a remarkable number of bozos but can
be dangerous, is killing on:

The only current problem with this one is JoeH who posts from various
places and in one of them uses the above newsreader. So a custom rule of
(all one line):

$/a

Should kill Wim, Leyland, rjacobs and a rake of others and their sock
puppets, but not Joe.

Any others like DaveVH, Rooney etc that the above rules don't catch then
just kill on Author in the usual way - though I'd be tempted to kill on
AOL. in the Path: and also:

Please let me know any that don't work as expected and I'll keep an eye
on things in any case. Comments or corrections appreciated.

We now return you to your regular service.

Have you got any rules for every other major ISP? Specifically Demon.

--
I am Phil Kyle

http://thrill.to/philkyle

"Obviously you don't care what anybody thinks about you at all, is that
why you're so pathetic as to have a website featuring your but-ugly
self, thinking you're funny, entertaining yourself by flooding
newsgroups with email. Do you hear anybody on earth laughing with you
instead of at you? Seriously give up, I can block you in a couple of
seconds as can most people on this group. What benefits could you
possibly get by doing this sort of crap?"