Mondeo towing questions

Old November 2nd 03, 06:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gary Lewis

Default Mondeo towing questions

Thinking of changing cars, Mondeo TDCi est. On paper the spec looks quite
good, which is the best model for towing 1300 kg.

Old November 2nd 03, 08:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 07:37:10 +0000 (UTC), "Gary Lewis"
wrote:

Thinking of changing cars, Mondeo TDCi est. On paper the spec looks quite
good, which is the best model for towing 1300 kg.

Driven the 130 TDCI wow1 drives like a petrol no experiance of towing
though.

Lenny
Old November 2nd 03, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Doc

wrote:

Thinking of changing cars, Mondeo TDCi est. On paper the spec looks quite
good, which is the best model for towing 1300 kg.

Driven the 130 TDCI wow1 drives like a petrol no experiance of towing
though.

---***---
I also have had a test drive in the 130 TDCi, but Auto. Only solo,
but I was VERY impressed, and that is from a Midlander who is
genetically programmed to hate the 'blue oval'!

Press reports rate it very highly, and if you hunt around the discount
car sales outlets, you can find a damn good price; I've looked!

Cheers, Doc.
Old November 2nd 03, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gary Lewis

Default Another Mondeo towing questions

How can I tell if a certain car has self leveling suspension, appart from
what the dealer says.

Old November 2nd 03, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
klyne

--
"Gary Lewis" wrote in message
How can I tell if a certain car has self leveling suspension, appart from
what the dealer says.

I think it is only available on the estate, does that help?

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

Old November 2nd 03, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Milnes

Look in the owners handbook that should be with the car.

Cheers, Peter.

"Gary Lewis" wrote in message
: How can I tell if a certain car has self leveling suspension, appart from
: what the dealer says.
:
:

Old November 2nd 03, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alex Heney

wrote:

Thinking of changing cars, Mondeo TDCi est. On paper the spec looks quite
good, which is the best model for towing 1300 kg.

Unless you are well experienced, not a Mondeo.

I'm not sure what the heaviest of the current range is, but I know it
used to be about 1245Kg when I had one, it is unlikely to have gone up
by enough to be viable for towing 1300Kg. (The max weight of the van
should not be more than 85% of the kerbside weight of the car, unless
you *really* know what you are doing).

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
My life may be strange, but at least it's not boring

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom

Old November 3rd 03, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stevie

The TDCi has a Kerbweight of between 1505 and 1562 KG. The Max.
towable mass, at gross vehicle mass is 1720 Kg. Yes, 1800 Kg is fords
max towing limit for the TDCi.

I have one, and god does it pull !!