Site in France close to Paris - recommendations please

Old November 4th 03, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gray

Default Site in France close to Paris - recommendations please

Re posted as it threw the message a re* posting instead of a new one

Hi All

We are of to Spain next year and we are looking for a couple of nights
around Paris for a trip into the Capital

I know it's pricey but can anyone give us a recommendation as to a site or
three to pick from

Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield
www.madcaravanner.co.uk
You don't have to be mad
..... but it helps

---

Old November 4th 03, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Gray" wrote in message
Re posted as it threw the message a re* posting instead of a new one

Hi All

We are of to Spain next year and we are looking for a couple of nights
around Paris for a trip into the Capital

Porchfontaine near Versailles. Excellent municipal near a railway

station,ten minute walk then twenty minutes train to Paris centre.
They favour tourists too. No locals allowed in high season. Go in autumn and
collect bags of sweet chestnuts.
DaveK.

Old November 4th 03, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
AH

Try: http://www.caravaning-4vents.fr

Stayed there last summer with kids, everyone very friendly, easy run into
Paris, v close to EuroDisney if thats of interest, can only be classed as an
excellent site.

Another review I saw of it:
http://pub18.ezboard.com/ftfunkfrm3....opicID=1.topic

--
Remove "the brain" to reply

Old November 8th 03, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JSGJ

We stayed at Camping Bois de Boulogne 2years ago. Excellent site, with a
bus link to Porte Maillot which was only 5 mins walk from the Arc de
Triomphe.Ideal to leave the car on the campsite during our stay.

JSGJ