Electric Heaters

Old November 9th 06, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Zozzer

Default Electric Heaters

Does anyone know if there are small 240v electric heaters
suitable for a motorhome, running off the campsite electric
hook up. So that I don't have to use the diesel for the
truma heater.

If so, any links would be great.
--
Zozzer

Old November 9th 06, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Doug Deedman

On 9-Nov-2006, "Zozzer" wrote:

Does anyone know if there are small 240v electric heaters
suitable for a motorhome, running off the campsite electric
hook up.

I bought one of these (actually, the previous model, since they have
revamped the appearance recently):

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...Bradiators.htm

for use in my AS Symbol, but you may want one that is a little more
powerful. I leave it on all the time in the 'van during cold spells and it
keeps the interior chill free - turn the thermostat up full and the space
becomes just pleasantly warm.

An oil-filled heater is safe enough to leave on while you are asleep - I
have an Eberspacher, which I trust, but it keeps me awake.

Doug
Old November 9th 06, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Peter & Andrea

Hi
We have a small fan heater, which we can switch on 1 or 2 Kws.
It is thermostatically controlled.

In our old van we had a small 750watt oil filled radiator, which we
could leave on at night as it was silent.

Both should be available from Currys or Comet

Hope this helps,

Peter

Old November 9th 06, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Zozzer

"Doug Deedman" wrote in message

On 9-Nov-2006, "Zozzer" wrote:

Does anyone know if there are small 240v electric heaters
suitable for a motorhome, running off the campsite electric
hook up.

I bought one of these (actually, the previous model, since they have
revamped the appearance recently):

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...Bradiators.htm

for use in my AS Symbol, but you may want one that is a little more
powerful. I leave it on all the time in the 'van during cold spells and it
keeps the interior chill free - turn the thermostat up full and the space
becomes just pleasantly warm.

An oil-filled heater is safe enough to leave on while you are asleep - I
have an Eberspacher, which I trust, but it keeps me awake.

Doug

Thanks Doug,

We have an AS Symbol too, and like the idea of a silent
oil heater. Mrs Zozzer will be calling in at Argos tomorrow.

--
Zozzer

Old November 9th 06, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Zozzer

"Peter & Andrea" wrote in message
Hi
We have a small fan heater, which we can switch on 1 or 2 Kws.
It is thermostatically controlled.

In our old van we had a small 750watt oil filled radiator, which we
could leave on at night as it was silent.

Both should be available from Currys or Comet

Hope this helps,

Peter

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 17:45:06 GMT, "Zozzer" wrote:

Does anyone know if there are small 240v electric heaters
suitable for a motorhome, running off the campsite electric
hook up. So that I don't have to use the diesel for the
truma heater.

If so, any links would be great.

Thanks Peter/Andrea

Mrs Zozzer will be getting oil filled heater tomorrow.

--
Zozzer

Old November 12th 06, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Nick \(Scots\)

"Zozzer" wrote in message
.uk...
Does anyone know if there are small 240v electric heaters
suitable for a motorhome, running off the campsite electric
hook up. So that I don't have to use the diesel for the
truma heater.

You can get 250w ones, my parents have one in their van.

Bear in mind a hookup will be 6A or less.

Nick

Old November 13th 06, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Guest

"Nick \(Scots\)" wrote:

"Zozzer" wrote in message
.uk...
Does anyone know if there are small 240v electric heaters
suitable for a motorhome, running off the campsite electric
hook up. So that I don't have to use the diesel for the
truma heater.

You can get 250w ones, my parents have one in their van.

250W will only heat a very small van or take the chill off a summer
evening in a medium sized one.

Bear in mind a hookup will be 6A or less.

Did you mean 6A or was it a typo for 16A? I've never come across a
hookup that wasn't the full 16A though I've heard they exist.

Nick

Old November 14th 06, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Zozzer

.uk...

On 9-Nov-2006, "Zozzer" wrote:

[...]

Just a note to say we picked one up at Argos. Well impressed with
the heat it gives off for such a compact unit. Will be trying it out
with a vengence this weekend. Hopefully I dont burn myself in the
middle of the night going to the loo..

--
Zozzer