Thetford C3 cassette blade valve seal

Old December 18th 06, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Zinc Potterman

Default Thetford C3 cassette blade valve seal

I took my Thetford C3 apart to clean and oil the blade mechanism, but can't
seem to get the rubber seal back in without undue force.
Any tips vey welcome.
Have ordered new one as it does look a bit tired.
Cheers

zincnews at tiscali.co.uk
To reply to address don't click.
Cut and paste, change at to @ symbol
then delete spaces.
------------------------------------

Old December 18th 06, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Josiah Jenkins

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:47:49 -0000, I read these words from "Zinc
Potterman" . (delete 123's to reply) :

I took my Thetford C3 apart to clean and oil the blade mechanism, but can't
seem to get the rubber seal back in without undue force.
Any tips vey welcome.

Safest thing to use is Thetford Maintenance Spray (200ml)
"designed by Thetford to prolong the life of toilet seals"

If stuck (pun not intended) and you can't find it,
use a silicone lubricant. Most 'oils' attack rubber.

Have ordered new one as it does look a bit tired.

New one should git OK, it won't be swollen as the
old one probably is.

-- jjj
Cheers

Old December 18th 06, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Zinc Potterman

Thanks for tips.
Much appreciated.
Never thought it might have swollen. it looks a bit distorted.
Zinc

Old December 19th 06, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Richard Brookman

Josiah Jenkins wrote:

|| Safest thing to use is Thetford Maintenance Spray (200ml)
|| "designed by Thetford to prolong the life of toilet seals"
|| If stuck (pun not intended) and you can't find it,
|| use a silicone lubricant. Most 'oils' attack rubber.

ISTR that Thetford reommend olive oil. It's what I've always used - four
years and still working perfectly.

--
Rich
==============================

2001 Disco II ES auto
1971 S2a 88" petrol
1991 Transit Camper

Take out the obvious to email me.

Old December 19th 06, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Josiah Jenkins

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:11:43 -0000, I read these words from "Richard
Brookman" :

Josiah Jenkins wrote:

|| Safest thing to use is Thetford Maintenance Spray (200ml)
|| "designed by Thetford to prolong the life of toilet seals"
|| If stuck (pun not intended) and you can't find it,
|| use a silicone lubricant. Most 'oils' attack rubber.

ISTR that Thetford reommend olive oil.
It's what I've always used - four years and still working perfectly.

It was at the back of my mind that olive or vegetable oil
would be OK . . . BUT . . . I wasn't 100% certain.

I use their own lubricant to be on the safe side.

-- jjj

Old December 22nd 06, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Zinc Potterman

Thanks to everyone.
Got valve seal and all is working as it should be.
The new on is totally different to the old??
Did use olive oil in the end.
Cheers
Zinz

zincnews at tiscali.co.uk
To reply to address don't click.
Cut and paste, change at to @ symbol
then delete spaces.

"Zinc Potterman" . (delete 123's to reply) wrote
in message ...

zincnews at tiscali.co.uk