battery

Old December 20th 06, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Johnnie Scott

Default battery

When charging a M/H from the mains does it normally charge both or just the
leisure one. Had mine on charge all day, the leisure full but cannot start
the engine, as battery seems dead
Thanks John

Old December 20th 06, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
METWO

Only the leasure battery

"Johnnie Scott" wrote in
message ...

Old December 20th 06, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Peter & Andrea

Hi,
My Timberland has a switch on the control panel that allows me to
charge either the leisure or the engine battey.

Do you have the hand book for your van?

Good luck
Peter

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 19:22:07 -0000, "METWO"
wrote:

Only the leasure battery

"Johnnie Scott" wrote in
message ...

Old December 21st 06, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Campa-Man

"Johnnie Scott" wrote in
message ...
When charging a M/H from the mains does it normally charge both or just
the leisure one. Had mine on charge all day, the leisure full but cannot
start the engine, as battery seems dead
Thanks John

Our old VW T25 Westfalia did both, as does our current Hymer B534.

Old December 21st 06, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
clayto

The system in our NuVenture Campers Motorcaravan charges both batteries
at the same time, our previous Autosleeper van didnt, so there is no
general answer to this. It is not too difficult to arrange for both to
be charged, there are various devices available.

clayto

Campa-Man wrote:

"Johnnie Scott" wrote in
message ...

Old December 22nd 06, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
GoNads

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:03:31 GMT, "Johnnie Scott"
wrote:

When charging a M/H from the mains does it normally charge both or just the
leisure one. Had mine on charge all day, the leisure full but cannot start
the engine, as battery seems dead
Thanks John

It really depends on how it has been wired and what unit is being
used.

I had a van with a Zig unit which didnt charge the main battery from
the mains yet my friend with the same model van had a zig unit that
did charge the main battery

--
Email:go-nadsAThotmailDOTcoDOTuk

Old December 22nd 06, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
hugh

In message , GoNads
writes
wrote:

When charging a M/H from the mains does it normally charge both or just the
leisure one. Had mine on charge all day, the leisure full but cannot start
the engine, as battery seems dead
Thanks John

It really depends on how it has been wired and what unit is being
used.

I had a van with a Zig unit which didnt charge the main battery from
the mains yet my friend with the same model van had a zig unit that
did charge the main battery

The important thing is that the batteries are isolated when the charger
is switched off. Not difficult to arrange.
--
hugh