Blinds

Old December 23rd 06, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Zinc Potterman

Default Blinds

I have an Autosleeper Symphony 1995 and the roller blinds/flyscreens suffer
from two minor
opposite problems.

One of the blinds refuses to stay in closed position but slides down about 6
inches.

Some of the others work fine but are sticky and will not retract. This one
might be a cold temperature problem, malking them a bit stiff maybe??
Any thoughts?
Zinc

zincnews at tiscali.co.uk
To reply to address don't click.
Cut and paste, change at to @ symbol
then delete spaces.
------------------------------------

Old December 24th 06, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Max

Zinc Potterman (delete 123's to reply) wrote:
I have an Autosleeper Symphony 1995 and the roller blinds/flyscreens suffer
from two minor
opposite problems.

One of the blinds refuses to stay in closed position but slides down about 6
inches.

Some of the others work fine but are sticky and will not retract. This one
might be a cold temperature problem, malking them a bit stiff maybe??
Any thoughts?
Zinc

I have a 91 AS Talisman so the blinds are probably very similar (Roller
heatshield from the bottom and roller fly screen from the top. You can
take them apart and tighten the roller spring by a couple of turns just
like you would a domestic roller blind, although obviously the plastic
parts are a little more delicate. You may also find that they bind if
you screw them together too tighly when re-assembling. I had to tighten
2 out of the 6 a couple of years ago and haven't given any trouble
since. Careful not to over tighten the springs, better to do it a
little at a time until you're happy that it is just sufficient for the
purpose.

Alternatively you may find that simply pulling them up and down several
times frees the mechanism slighly, but you'll probably have to do this
on every occassion until you tighten the springs which will get a
little tiresome.

To prevent the springs from becoming stretched quickly it is best not
to leave the blinds closed for long periods, e.g. when laid up.

HTH (Hope that helps)
Steve

Old December 29th 06, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Zinc Potterman

Steve sorry for delay in replying. Been away in the van.
Thanks for the advice. I will try it
Cheers
Zinc