Austria by the sea?

« SEA Sharky | Blinds »

Old December 29th 06, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Robert

Default Austria by the sea?

Along the Mediterranean sea --- are there any quiet, clean places where
a campervan might stay, in or out of a campground, for a few months
during the winter?

For instance --- I really enjoyed the nice little towns in Austria.
Everything was clean and well-maintained, and the people seemed happier
than most. I also liked Switzerland, and appreciated the order and
tolerance there.

However, now it is winter, and those places are too cold. I am
presently stopped on the south coast of France, near Nice. The weather
is all right, but the place, in general, is far too busy and built-up
for me. Here, it is also very difficult to drive my van anywhere,
considering the traffic, difficult access, theft problems, etc. I can
use the public transportation here, but that is more difficult and
time-consuming than just using my van.

So I ask --- do you know of a nice place by the sea that has some
beauty and serenity, also where I can park my van for awhile without
wondering about theft? I do not mean that it has to be perfect, but
simply a decent, quiet place with fairly trustworthy people, and
without hordes of tourists.

I would also like to be near (within 20 km) of a nice small town for
supplies and for variety.

I am willing to drive anywhere around the Mediterranean sea. My best
guess, so far, is that I might find this in Greece. However, before I
set forth, I wonder what some more experienced person might think.

Robert

Old December 29th 06, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Lunartic

In message m, Robert
writes

So I ask --- do you know of a nice place by the sea that has some
beauty and serenity, also where I can park my van for awhile without
wondering about theft? I do not mean that it has to be perfect, but
simply a decent, quiet place with fairly trustworthy people, and
without hordes of tourists.

I would also like to be near (within 20 km) of a nice small town for
supplies and for variety.

I am willing to drive anywhere around the Mediterranean sea. My best
guess, so far, is that I might find this in Greece. However, before I
set forth, I wonder what some more experienced person might think.

Robert

Hi Robert

Unfortunately I can't offer a great deal of help on the camping side but
if (like me) you don't like cold weather, Greece can get distinctly
chilly at this time of year. Athens for example usually has a few good
snowfalls in the course of their winter.

Currently west seems best for weather, a lovely peaceful island which
isn't too far from you is Corsica. Don't know about the motorhome
situation though, may be worth making inquiries.

Best of luck
--
Alan

« SEA Sharky | Blinds »