Basic TV in Motorhome

Old January 3rd 07, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Zinc Potterman

Default Basic TV in Motorhome

I am after an idiots guide, recommendations, do's and don'ts for getting and
setting up a small telly.
We are primarily walkers who use the van to get us to nice places and don't
watch much telly so
we don't want anything grand.
Weather forecast, news etc mainly.
Looked at the various Roadstar LCD Digital models 5" to 9" screen.
Seem to have dual digital (freeview) and analogue receiver.

I assume either a digital aerial or satellite dish is necessary in many poor
reception areas for these.
User experiences would be useful.
Thanks
Zinc
zincnews at tiscali.co.uk
To reply to address don't click.
Cut and paste, change at to @ symbol
then delete spaces.
------------------------------------

Old January 3rd 07, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
RustY©

"Zinc Potterman" . (delete 123's to reply) wrote
in message ...
I am after an idiots guide, recommendations, do's and don'ts for getting

and
setting up a small telly................
we don't want anything grand.

Some of the motorway service stations sell a 12v TV for £16. Its light
weight and compact in size - ideal. I can't remember which motorway chain
sells them though.

Old January 4th 07, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Campa-Man

"Zinc Potterman" . (delete 123's to reply) wrote
in message ...
I am after an idiots guide, recommendations, do's and don'ts for getting
and setting up a small telly.
We are primarily walkers who use the van to get us to nice places and
don't watch much telly so
we don't want anything grand.
Weather forecast, news etc mainly.
Looked at the various Roadstar LCD Digital models 5" to 9" screen.
Seem to have dual digital (freeview) and analogue receiver.

I assume either a digital aerial or satellite dish is necessary in many
poor reception areas for these.
User experiences would be useful.
Thanks
Zinc

We have a small B & W 5 inch screen telly/radio we got from Woolworths for
around a tenner in last years sale, does the job OK, more importantly than
the TV is the aerial that you will have to carry to get a picture, because
without a reliable working aerial the TV is useless... Ask me how we know
:-)