Taking a dog the sweeden and Norway

« - | - »

Old January 11th 07, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
jon

Default Taking a dog the sweeden and Norway

Hi
We want to take our dog with us the Sweden and Norway, does any one know
what rules and regs are about?
The dog has a pet passport and will have a booster before we go.

Thanks

Jon

Old January 11th 07, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Josiah Jenkins

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:08:12 -0000, I read these words from "jon"
:

Hi
We want to take our dog with us the Sweden and Norway,
does any one know what rules and regs are about?

Sweden is a full EU member (as are Denmark and Finland)
so you're OK in any of those three Scandic countries.

Norway (as are Liechtenstein and Switzerland) is listed
as a 'Non-European Union listed country or territory'.
So again you're OK.

You'll find all the info you need on the DEFRA site
at : http://tinyurl.com/yckvnt

We had our dog with us last year in Liechtenstein,
Switzerland and Slovenia. No problems whatsoever !

We too are thinking of Scandinavia this year although
it looks like it'll be Germany-Denmark-Sweden-Finland.

The dog has a pet passport and will have a booster
before we go.

Remember that the rabies shot lasts for two years.

HOWEVER !!! Miss the booster by _one_ day_
and you need to stsrt from scratch with the blood test.

TICKS.
I use Advantix rather than Frontline (each month)
Advantix _repels_ ticks, Frontline doesn't.

"Repels and kills ticks. If a Tick is repelled, it doesn't
attach. If it doesn't attach, it can't transmit organisms
that cause disease."
http://www.k9advantix.com/

"FRONTLINE® Spot On kills ticks within 48 hours"
http://frontline.uk.merial.com/

Advantix is _not_ suitable for cats, as far as they're
concerned the stuff is lethal ! So, if you have a cat
in the house . . . better check with your vet.

HTH

-- jjj

« - | - »