Class 4 or 7 MOT?

Old January 20th 07, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Lenny

Default Class 4 or 7 MOT?

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 02:45:35 GMT, "RustYŠ" wrote:

"bucket" wrote in message
Can someone confirm if I need to find a class 7 mot garage for my 3500kg
motorhome .........

No all motorhomes are class 4, but not all garages can MOT a big van as it
won't fit on the equipment.

I thought new regs say a Motorhome between 3000 - 3500 Kg with a
garage now requires a Class 7 (only applies to ones with garages),
It's also proposed that all Motorhomes over 3500 Kg will need an HGV
test every year from new.

Lenny

Dark evenings - want better visability
Fit Osram Silver Star Headlamp Bulbs
50% Brighter beam, 20m Longer beam

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/motor-essentials
www.motoressentials.co.uk

Old January 20th 07, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Bucket

Can someone confirm if I need to find a class 7 mot garage for my 3500kg
motorhome or can class 4 do it?

--
bucket

Old January 25th 07, 01:19 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Bucket

"bucket" wrote in message
Can someone confirm if I need to find a class 7 mot garage for my

3500kg
motorhome .........

No all motorhomes are class 4, but not all garages can MOT a big van as

it
won't fit on the equipment.

I thought new regs say a Motorhome between 3000 - 3500 Kg with a
garage now requires a Class 7 (only applies to ones with garages),
It's also proposed that all Motorhomes over 3500 Kg will need an HGV
test every year from new.

Lenny

Dark evenings - want better visability
Fit Osram Silver Star Headlamp Bulbs
50% Brighter beam, 20m Longer beam

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/motor-essentials
www.motoressentials.co.uk

Thanks for clearing this up for me
bucket

Old January 25th 07, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Doug Deedman

As a reference for this try

http://www.ukmotorhomes.net/motorhome_mot.shtml

Doug