Germany - Romatic Road

« - | - »

Old February 11th 07, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Zozzer

Default Germany - Romatic Road

Anyone know which is the best place to start this tour

Wurzberg to Fussen
OR
Fussen to Wurzberg

Old February 12th 07, 03:03 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Josiah Jenkins

Whilst perusing Usenet on Sun, 11 Feb 2007 22:51:47 GMT, I read these
words from "Zozzer" :

Anyone know which is the best place to start this tour

Wurzberg to Fussen

Personally I'd probably go North to South (have done a couple
of times) but it really depends on where you're going before
(or after) and how much time you have.

There's a nice little campsite at Oschlesee, just South of Kempten
(within cycling / walking distance if you're inclined / fit enough).
(N47 40.459 E10 20.038)

And Camping Frickenhausen (with bar / restuarant) is a DCC
recommended site at Ochsenfurt, just South of Wurzburg.
(N49 40.160 E10 04.425)

-- jjj

Old February 24th 07, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
strathspey

On 11 Feb, 22:51, "Zozzer" wrote:
Anyone know which is the best place to start this tour

Wurzberg to Fussen
OR
Fussen to Wurzberg

Hi Zozzer,

When our children were younger we did this trip many
times and I know you will love it.

Wurzburg has a small site on the river side which was OK and when you
get down to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, you have a choice of two
adjacent sites just west of the town in the village of Detwang (Good
pub "Schwartz Lamm"). From there is a path where you can walk up to
the walled town.

20 miles or so south, there is a good site just outside Dinkelsbuhl -
another old town well worth a visit.

At the southern end of the Romantic Road is Fussen where there is an
excellent site on the side ofa lake called Forgensee, about 4 miles
east of the town, and within easy reach of the famous King Ludwig's
Castle Neuschwanstein.

If you have time, I also recommend the German Alpine Road (Deutch
Alepenstrasse) - a good site just west of Ruhpolding.

Good luck,
Strathspey

« - | - »