Leaking Carver Cascade

« - | - »

Old February 18th 07, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
KM[_3_]

Default Leaking Carver Cascade

Dispite draining last December (obviously not enough though), I've used the
'van this weekend and my Cascade has sprung a leak. The main aluminium outer
housing seems to be slighly loose and water is seeping out when under
pressure.

Re these things home serviceable? I have removed if from the van. If not,
can anyone recommend a good repair agent - prefer Cheshire/NW England if
possible.

Thanks

Martyn

--
===========================
Martyn K

http://www.czd.org.uk

Old March 12th 07, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
bucket

"KM" wrote in message
Dispite draining last December (obviously not enough though), I've used

the
'van this weekend and my Cascade has sprung a leak. The main aluminium

outer
housing seems to be slighly loose and water is seeping out when under
pressure.

Re these things home serviceable? I have removed if from the van. If not,
can anyone recommend a good repair agent - prefer Cheshire/NW England if
possible.

Where abouts is the leak? Is it around the seal between the stainless steel
tank and the die cast burner section? You can certainly do a lot with these
unit and its fairly easy to reove the tank and replace the rubber seal. I
had a leak around the hot water output pipe. I was convinced it was leaking
from a crack in the diecast aluminium around the connector. The ali even
appeared to have a crack. Turned out the apparent crack was just a
imperfection in the original moulding of the surface of the aluminium and
there was no leak at all from the burner section. The water had been seaping
past the jubilee clip on the rubber pipe attached to the hot water output. I
had tightened up the clip a few times, but still leaked. Cutting back a few
inches to fresh pipe and fitting a new jubilee clips cured this problem for
me.

--
bucket

« - | - »