Back from Slovenia

Old February 26th 07, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Stephen McNally

Default Back from Slovenia

Hi folks
Just returned from my week in Slovenia, and what fun it was too. The van
went like a dream, with the only hitch being a loose battery terminal. I
was impressed with the fuel consumption, the whole journey (3100 miles)
costing approximately 390. We didn't have to pay too many tolls either,
just a couple of tunnel tolls in Austria and a cheap Slovenian toll.
We only slept in the van twice (thankfully.... 4 sweaty folk
musicians!!) as we attempted a shift system to get there and back
quicker, giving us more time at out destination. This was better in
theory than in practice. The idea was this... two teams of two, one
driver one navigator. Drive for four hours, navigate for four hours.
This gave the other two 8 hours to relax/sleep/play tunes etc. It turned
out to be fairly difficult to keep the energy levels up... especially on
the return journey when they were rather low to begin with.
I think next time we will take an ordinary van and do the trip in 3 500
mile stints, stopping off somewhere at night for a decent sleep, saving
my lovely Lunar all the wear and tear of 4 multi-instrumentalists and
all their gear (not to mention the numerous cases of wine, slivovic and
viljamovka).
cheers
stephen

--