Battery status meter

Old March 1st 07, 07:08 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
gui

Default Battery status meter

I am using a lunar caravan battery status meter in my camper conv and i
checked the back of the battery test switch and the 4 connections
are as follows:

Van+
Switch return
Caravan+
DC VE

Can anyone confirm how this is supposed to be wired up.

Van+ and Caravan+ are obvious.
So i am assuming DC VE is for the earth but am not sure about the Switch
return or where it goes..unless it goes to where i took
my DC VE earth from.

P.S.. I am also using a CF9B distribution unit.
Roger

Old March 1st 07, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
news

"gui" wrote in message
I am using a lunar caravan battery status meter in my camper conv and i
checked the back of the battery test switch and the 4 connections
are as follows:

Van+
Switch return
Caravan+
DC VE

Can anyone confirm how this is supposed to be wired up.

Van+ and Caravan+ are obvious.
So i am assuming DC VE is for the earth but am not sure about the Switch
return or where it goes..unless it goes to where i took
my DC VE earth from.

P.S.. I am also using a CF9B distribution unit.
Roger

If you look a bit closer it's probably actually DC +VE or DC -VE (i.e.
positive or negative sign) . . .

The switch return may be for a relay operated via the ignition
cheers
Roger