Motorhome Parking Petition

Old April 25th 07, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Josiah Jenkins

Default Motorhome Parking Petition

Picked this one up on one of the Forums :

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister
to Make Local Authorities throughout United
Kingdom allocate 'Motorhome Only' Spaces
in Local Authority Car parks.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Motorhome/

-- jjj
Old April 25th 07, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Josiah Jenkins

Oops, too quick on the 'send'

Picked this one up on one of the Forums :

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister
to Make Local Authorities throughout United
Kingdom allocate 'Motorhome Only' Spaces
in Local Authority Car parks.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Motorhome/

Motor home users pay their Road Tax, pay their insurance, MOT their
vehicles and I hope are law abiding citizens. Many are retired or
approaching retirement and have a lot of money to spend in your towns
and villages. However when it comes to parking our vehicles on local
authority car parks we are in the main locked out, restricted by
height barriers or penalised for having larger than average vehicles.
If we take up two car park spaces we pay two charges. This does not
stop local parking wardens issuing fixed penalty tickets because they
state we are not parking our vehicles within the confines of a parking
bay. Many of us would love to visit and shop in the local town or
village whilst touring the country in the summer months but are
stopped from doing so by the lack of provision from the local
authorities. Let us park on your car parks and we will spend money in
your shops and contribute to your economy

-- jjj

Old April 27th 07, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
DavidM

Josiah Jenkins wrote, On 25/04/2007 18:08:
Oops, too quick on the 'send'

[...]

It's a good idea for a petition. However, these kind of issues are down
to the local authority and 10 Downing Street will just say it's a local
matter.
I cant recall town centre car parks in mainland Europe having motorhome
only spaces, is this now common? My familes VW LT28 based van would
_just_ fit into a normal parking space.
I know that almost every town (in Germany at least) now has at least one
designated motorhome overnight hard standing area. You are expected to
stop for one night, pay for the facilities and spend your money in that
town which is fair.
Are there any attempts underway to set up a network like that in the UK?
Does anybody run an online database of such sites. Local authorities
would need to be lobbied to set up trial locations with the help of
residents and land owners, it would be a long slow battle to force it
past the mini bureaucrats that control most local councils.

--
DavidM
www.djmorgan.org.uk
Old April 27th 07, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Josiah Jenkins

Whilst perusing Usenet on Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:22:23 +0100, I read
these words from DavidM :
Josiah Jenkins wrote, On 25/04/2007 18:08:
Oops, too quick on the 'send'

Picked this one up on one of the Forums :

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister
to Make Local Authorities throughout United
Kingdom allocate 'Motorhome Only' Spaces
in Local Authority Car parks.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Motorhome/

it would be a long slow battle to force it
past the mini bureaucrats that control most local councils.

And the vested interests of the two main UK clubs ?

-- jjj