Drunk in charge!

Old May 8th 07, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Barleycorn

Default Drunk in charge!

Hello all,

Just got back from a few days away with 'er indoors. Spent one night
'camped' in a back street of Weston Super Mare, having taken advantage of
the town's Wetherspoons!

I know that the legality of being asleep in a motor caravan on a public road
whilst 'under the influence' has been discussed on this forum.

My cunning plan was, should plod bang on the window, to say that although we
were both over the limit, as we were both licensed and insured to drive the
van, he couldn't prove which one of us was actually in charge.

I recently saw a couple of scrotes on one of those 'Police Camera Action'
programs do the same after they had stolen and crashed a car ****ed up. The
Police did the whole finger print / DNA thing, but couldn't charge either of
them, as they couldn't prove who was driving.

Needless to say we didn't leave till lunch time the next day, to make sure I
was OK to drive.

Any armchair lawyers care to comment?

Cheers, Barleycorn.