Isle of Wight - Help

« - | - »

Old May 22nd 07, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Vister.co.uk - Caravan & Camping

Default Isle of Wight - Help

Hello,

For our main holiday this year we are considering the Isle of Wight. Can
anyone recommend some nice touring caravan sites to us please.

Vister Caravans & Camping
Main: www.vister.co.uk

Old May 22nd 07, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mike

We have visited several sites in IOW but have found Southlands to be the
best. I am told it now boasts a free wifi (broadband) facility if you are
so inclined. We have also come to prefer pitching on the eastern side of the
island - albeit nowhere is that far from anywhere on IOW.

Old May 22nd 07, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Peter Amey

Vister.co.uk - Caravan & Camping wrote:
Hello,

For our main holiday this year we are considering the Isle of Wight. Can
anyone recommend some nice touring caravan sites to us please.

Can't help with sites because it's been a few years since I was last
there and things can change. However I can say how we exploited the
island's small size and large attraction density, for maximum enjoyment,
using our motorvan.

We would get up, do minimum packing of bedding and head to a beach. You
can bag a prime parking slot because everyone else is still having
breakfast. You then have your own leisurely breakfast looking out to
sea. After a morning playing on the beach, when it starts to get busy,
you potter off to an interesting castle or whatever in the afternoon.

Tea by the beach optional!

None of this is unknown to motorcaravanners of course but the IoW is
uniquely suited to it. I think we had 6 or 7 years of holidays there
with young children without ever running out of places to go.

Peter

--
www.amey.org.uk
Old May 28th 07, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mark Rogers

I was at Southlands over easter. It was a fabulous site, well organised,
clean. Faultless. We got a great deal from www.redfunnel.co.uk for ferry
trip and site. We cannot wait to go back. I recommend Southlands to anyone.

Old May 31st 07, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Buzby

Vister.co.uk - Caravan & Camping wibbled:

Hello,

For our main holiday this year we are considering the Isle of Wight.
Can anyone recommend some nice touring caravan sites to us please.

http://www.heathfieldcamping.co.uk/

Stayed there on Sunday night - 2.5 inches of rain and 50mph winds
overnight notwitstanding, I can thouroughly recommend this small, but
very well thought out and run site.

--
Buzby
There's nothing more dangerous than a resourceful idiot

« - | - »