ruduce/abolish road taxation for holiday makers caravanning within the uk

« - | - »

Old May 29th 07, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mary Fisher Irritates Me

Default ruduce/abolish road taxation for holiday makers caravanning within the uk

"Mark Rogers" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message

"David" wrote in message
k...

"troggy" wrote in message
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/caravanning/

Has Jeremy Clarkson signed yet? That would certainly help things along

David

I didn't think we paid any direct taxation on caravan usage and I hardly
think the extra fuel used for towing is a just cause, or have I missed
some news?

Jim

If you suggest that owners of a caravan do not pay road tax on their cars,
then it is ludicrous. Everyone will claim to own a caravan or everyone
will be towing a deathtrap of a caravan across the country every bank
holiday. I'd rather pay the road tax, thanks.

Surr,

special scheme in operation that provoides fer road fund duty exemption for
indigenous Irish caravanners when using mainland UK roads.

Further, the scheme also allows for other exemptions from the road traffic
act/construction 7 use regulations, notably the requirement to hold third
party insurance cover, minimum tread depth on tyoirs and various vehicle
registration criteria.

This has been implemented under the auspices of the EC Human Roights Act -
and members of the Irish community travelling on UK roads have been given
special training in the implantation of these roights, including specially
arranged equal opportunity workshops where Policemen and Travellers indulge
in role-playing in order to impress upon the various UK Constabularies that
our roights must not be voiolated.

Training is given in such phrases as "**** off -Oi'm an ethnic Tinker, and
yer F'ing laws don't apploi ter me"

Multiculturalism has made this a great time to be a Tinker.

Respectfully

Seamus O'Theft.

« - | - »