Non-site Websites?

« - | - »

Old May 30th 07, 07:02 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Brian Reay[_2_]

Default Non-site Websites?

I understand there are websites with lists / recommendations for places you
can park up a motorcaravan overnight which are not official sites.

Does anyone have any URLS, please?

Also, websites for recommendations (or warnings!) re proper sites, please?

TIA

Brian

Old May 30th 07, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Geoff Lane

"Brian Reay" wrote in news:Jr87i.17864$F_4.17182
@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net:

Does anyone have any URLS, please?

Not specific URLs, but if you search the Internet for "wild camping" you
shoiuld get several in the returned results.

HTH,

--
Geoff
Old May 30th 07, 09:06 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Brian Reay[_2_]

"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
"Brian Reay" wrote in news:Jr87i.17864$F_4.17182
@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net:

Does anyone have any URLS, please?

Not specific URLs, but if you search the Internet for "wild camping" you
shoiuld get several in the returned results.

HTH,

Thank you, clearly there is a whole new set of "buzz words" to learn ;-)

--
73
Brian, G8OSN

Now your amateur licence is free, why not send at least 15 per year to
support the
Radio Communications Foundation or STELAR?

Old May 30th 07, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
SidB

Brian Reay said.....
I understand there are websites with lists / recommendations for places you
can park up a motorcaravan overnight which are not official sites.

Does anyone have any URLS, please?

Also, websites for recommendations (or warnings!) re proper sites, please?

TIA

Brian

For wildcamping -
http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/
http://rutgerbooy.nl/Wildcamping.htm
and for info about motorhome friendly parking in general, including car
parks that permit overnight parking
http://www.motorhomeparking.co.uk/

Loads of websites have users' reviews of official campsites. My own
favourite is http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk. Use the camp site site
search facility to find the site(s) you're interested in, and follow
the links to see any reviews.
--
SidB
Old June 3rd 07, 07:39 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Cerumen

"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
"Brian Reay" wrote in news:Jr87i.17864$F_4.17182
@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net:

Does anyone have any URLS, please?

Not specific URLs, but if you search the Internet for "wild camping" you
shoiuld get several in the returned results.

I have been building up my own list of spots both here in Ireland and in
Europe and was wondering if there is a site where people can add to but so
far haven't found one. Maybe I will start one.
I have even found a few where you can get free WiFi connection as well as
free parking.

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.

Old June 3rd 07, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ticktock

On 3 Jun, 07:39, "Cerumen" wrote:
"Geoff Lane" wrote in message

... "Brian Reay" wrote in news:Jr87i.17864$F_4.17182
@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net:

Does anyone have any URLS, please?

Not specific URLs, but if you search the Internet for "wild camping" you
shoiuld get several in the returned results.

I have been building up my own list of spots both here in Ireland and in
Europe and was wondering if there is a site where people can add to but so
far haven't found one. Maybe I will start one.
I have even found a few where you can get free WiFi connection as well as
free parking.

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.

Hi Chris, we (as in the group) had one (www.motorcamping.org.uk).
But the only folks that used it regularly were the scammers and porn
merchants.

A group of us were discussing ...* Where was good to park; * Where was
bad; * Where had height barriers at carparks to exclude MH's; Where
was a recommended spot to overnight; *Where were there poorly
signposted weight-width-height restrictions (I once travelled along a
road to be faced with a 'Road Narrows sign whereipon it went down to
little more than single track for about 1/4 mile at the end of which
was a small bridge that only 100yds in front of it was a 'Weak Bridge'
sign showing a 3 ton limit. My Rv is 12 tonne kerbweight and the
'artic' at the back of me must have been weighing in at more than 30
tonnes... we both had no option but to cross the bridge) etc; etc; and
I volunteered to host such a site. I quickly rattled up a few pages
and opened it. Initially, we had 3 people post some entries, then
within 2 weeks it all went 'dead'. I kept it up for over a year,
added some pages to list Motorhomes for sale or wanted, but the only
folks that used it were (as written) the porn-scum and scammers.
Eventually 'they' became so frequent that I was spending about an hour
an evening cleaning out the crud, only to have it reappear by next
morning.
Eventually I got so disheartened with the whole thing that I shut it
down, and used the domain name simply to hold a single page to test
the interest in an expansion of our RV importing business into full-
blown repairs (market research into whether there was sufficient
demand to expand).

That market research page will be going down again soon... and I am
not too sure what I will then do with the domain and server space.
(Suggestions welcomed).

Ian

Old June 3rd 07, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Cerumen

"ticktock" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 3 Jun, 07:39, "Cerumen" wrote:
"Geoff Lane" wrote in message

... "Brian Reay"
wrote in news:Jr87i.17864$F_4.17182
@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net:

Does anyone have any URLS, please?

Not specific URLs, but if you search the Internet for "wild camping"
you
shoiuld get several in the returned results.

I have been building up my own list of spots both here in Ireland and in
Europe and was wondering if there is a site where people can add to but
so
far haven't found one. Maybe I will start one.
I have even found a few where you can get free WiFi connection as well as
free parking.

Hi Chris, we (as in the group) had one (www.motorcamping.org.uk).
But the only folks that used it regularly were the scammers and porn
merchants.

I can imagine that being a problem if you just allowed anybody to post with
no vetting, just look at the way some Usenet groups have gone.

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.

« - | - »