School Holiday Dates ???

Old June 3rd 07, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Josiah Jenkins

Default School Holiday Dates ???

Anyone know the dates on which the school holidays
start (and finish) in England ?

Trying to book a Dover ferry *before* they're infested with
loads of bored little ankle biters !

Just joking, I really do like children . . .

but as the man said, I couldn't eat a whole one !

-- jjj
Old June 3rd 07, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Nebulous

"Josiah Jenkins" wrote in message
Anyone know the dates on which the school holidays
start (and finish) in England ?

Trying to book a Dover ferry *before* they're infested with
loads of bored little ankle biters !

Just joking, I really do like children . . .

but as the man said, I couldn't eat a whole one !

-- jjj

Council websites are a great source of such information.

Lancashire (just to pick one at random) starts after school on the 19th of
July, and goes back on Monday the 3rd of September.

Hmmm - I note Wiltshire doesn't start until the 25th of July, but they also

I'm going to France on the 28th of July for 10 nights, so just hit it badly.
In the past I've usually gone in the period between our holidays starting
and the English ones - usually the first two weeks in July. There is too
much competition at work for these dates though, so I have given up on them!

Neb

Old June 4th 07, 06:20 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Tourangang

it depends on which area you live in - in somerst, you can download them
from

http://www.six.somerset.gov.uk/sixv3...todid=6457hope it helpjohn"Josiah Jenkins" wrote in messagenews:[email protected] .com... Anyone know the dates on which the school holidays start (and finish) in England ? Trying to book a Dover ferry *before* they're infested with loads of bored little ankle biters ! Just joking, I really do like children . . . but as the man said, I couldn't eat a whole one ! -- jjj

Old June 4th 07, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Josiah Jenkins

Whilst perusing Usenet on Sun, 3 Jun 2007 22:16:58 +0100, I read these
words from "Nebulous" :
"Josiah Jenkins" wrote in message

snip
Anyone know the dates on which the school holidays
start (and finish) in England ?

Trying to book a Dover ferry *before* they're infested with
loads of bored little ankle biters !

Council websites are a great source of such information.

Yeah but I'd need to check them *all* to see when they *start* !

Lancashire . . . 19th of July . . . 3rd of September.
Wiltshire . . . 25th of July . . . 3rd of September.

and Somerset . . . 25th of July . . . 3rd of September.

So it looks like mid-July is my preferred cut-off and it looks
like I'd want to delay my return until after the 3rd Sept !

We want to catch the Dusseldorf Salon at the end of August on the road
home, so it looks like a midweek return during first week September.

-- jjj
Old June 4th 07, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Josiah Jenkins

Whilst perusing Usenet on Mon, 4 Jun 2007 07:20:34 +0100, I read these
words from "Tourangang" :

it depends on which area you live in

Scotland !

As I said, I'm just trying to book a Dover ferry
*before* they get too busy.

I don't need 100% accurate dates, I was thinking
more along the line of 'starting second week in July'
which seems to be the case.

Thanks for the link anyway.

-- jjj
Old June 15th 07, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
KM[_3_]

Josiah Jenkins wrote:
|| Anyone know the dates on which the school holidays
|| start (and finish) in England ?
|| Trying to book a Dover ferry *before* they're infested with
|| loads of bored little ankle biters !
|| Just joking, I really do like children . . .
|| but as the man said, I couldn't eat a whole one !
|| -- jjj

As W.C.Fields said " Anyone who dislikes dogs and children can't be all
bad" - counts me out - I like dogs
--
Martyn K

http://www.czd.org.uk