Windbreak Petition.

« - | - »

Old June 4th 07, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mary Fisher Irritates Me Frequently

Default Windbreak Petition.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that it's high time that something was
done about the ever-more garish windbreaks that are appearing on camping
sites!

It was bad enough when the market was divided between tasteful plain colours
(purchased by the better sort of caravanner) and the hideous plastic striped
examples (purchased by Chavs) At least, they acted as a reliable guide to
the social status of their owners - indicating who was worth talking to, and
who should be kept firmly downwind.

Now, however, we are in danger of being overwhelmed by an explosion of
vulgarity! - windbreaks are appearing in ever more inappropriate colours and
patters, including daisy patterned abominations, and (perhaps worst of all!)
windbreaks that try to emulate a laurel hedge! (I kid you not!)

Enough is enough! - discriminating caravanners should not be compelled to
have their sensibilities assaulted in this way, and if site owners will not
take action to throw offenders off their sites (hurling their grotesque
windbreaks after them) it's up to those of us who still retain a sense of
decency and order (not mention correctly function colour vision) to demand
legislation designed to protect us from this abhorrent pollution.

any takers for a 'you-gov' petition? - riff raff need not reply.

Old June 4th 07, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Geoff Lane

wrote in :

Enough is enough! - discriminating caravanners should not be compelled
to have their sensibilities assaulted in this way, and if site owners
will not take action to throw offenders off their sites (hurling their
grotesque windbreaks after them) it's up to those of us who still
retain a sense of decency and order (not mention correctly function
colour vision) to demand legislation designed to protect us from this
abhorrent pollution.

Ye Gods, MFIMF, are you a cyclist also? If so, are you a member of the
League of Cycling Purity? (http://tinyurl.com/22vdnr)

--
Geoff
Old June 4th 07, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Ziggar

Mary Fisher Irritates Me Frequently wrote:
[...]

do you have a list of where and whens you are out and about in your caravan
this year ?

id like to make sure that i avoid a cock like you

Old June 4th 07, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans

wrote in :

Enough is enough! - discriminating caravanners should not be compelled
to have their sensibilities assaulted in this way, and if site owners
will not take action to throw offenders off their sites (hurling their
grotesque windbreaks after them) it's up to those of us who still
retain a sense of decency and order (not mention correctly function
colour vision) to demand legislation designed to protect us from this
abhorrent pollution.

Ye Gods, MFIMF, are you a cyclist also? If so, are you a member of the
League of Cycling Purity? (http://tinyurl.com/22vdnr)

Great site, that

Actually, joking aside, there really *are* some pretty awful windbreaks
about these days. Lurid colours, vile patterns - absolutely ghastly things
that turn the tranquil English countryside into a council estate on wash
day.

It's like holding the Notting Hill 'carnival' in Cheltenham.

Old June 4th 07, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Roy

Mary Fisher Irritates Me Frequently said the following on 04/06/2007 19:16:

Actually, joking aside, there really *are* some pretty awful windbreaks
about these days. Lurid colours, vile patterns - absolutely ghastly things
that turn the tranquil English countryside into a council estate on wash
day.

It's like holding the Notting Hill 'carnival' in Cheltenham.

Whats wrong with just sitting on the leeward side of the van - no need for
screens then. A measure of social status is the objects flown from huge
masts, OK if they are to warn low flying aircraft of the presence of your
TV aerial but can serve no other purpose!

Roy
Old June 4th 07, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans

"Ziggar" wrote in message
[...]

I should have realised that my expressed hope that riff-raff would not reply
was a forlorn one! - it's in your nature, I suppose.

Try not to concern yourself unduly about us meeting on a campsite. Firstly,
I very much doubt that we visit the same kind of site (although I'm sure
you have hours of fun playing on the slot machines and swilling lager from
plastic containers - followed by a high cholesterol baroque and more beer
drinking, swearing, farting, and playing loud music until the early hours)

You, in fact, are the very reason why some people prefer to pay higher pitch
fees to ensure that they don't have to share a site with your ilk.

Secondly, if you ever *did* manage to bag a crisis loan large enough to
spend a couple of nights on my kind of site, you can be quite sure that you
would be completely ignored (apart from ensuring that nothing pinchable was
left lying around, of course)

Much as I deplore men buggering each other, I am coming to the conclusion
that caravanning (not to mention, camping, lol) would be best performed on
a Gay site - the homosexuals would at least be neat and tidy, wouldn't have
hordes of badly reared brats to steal aquarolls and dent caravans with their
bicycles, and would also have extremely tasteful awnings and windbreaks that
would be pleasing to the eye.

As for you, you can sod off to Blackpool and eat chips with the chavs.

Old June 4th 07, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mary Fisher Irritates Me Frequently

"Mary Fisher Irritates Me Frequently" wrote
in message ...

"Ziggar" wrote in message
[...]

That's a Freudian spellchecker for you! - baroque should, of course be
'barbecue (or, to you BBQ

Old June 4th 07, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Rex Handly

This is a smelly unwashed anus and high BO mental defective that should be
in a home for the insane.

Old July 13th 07, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Graham Harvest

"Ziggar" wrote in message
[...]

You are everything that is wrong with this country Mrs Bucket. Bizzy-bodying
yourself with minor tittle-tattle. Get things in perspective. Do you
complain to your neighbours when their grass is longer than 6 inches or
their cars are dirty. Now stop twitching your nets and concern yourself with
your own business.