****Help! - Advice needed. I want to buy a motorhome.....****

Old June 5th 07, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Tricky Dicky

Default ****Help! - Advice needed. I want to buy a motorhome.....****

Hi all. I just signed up, so please be kind if I joined the wrong
group!?

Being a child of the Internet, I can't make any big descisions without
consulting a relevant user community somewhere!

So, I am I complete newcomer to the world of motorhomes, but I do know
that I want to be able to tour the UK at my leisure with a vehicle
that as a mimimum will have:

Shower
Toilet
Kitchen with gas cooking and fridge.
Optional - some sort of awning?

I have approx 5000 to spend, but could rustle up some more cash if
there was a really good buy somewhere.

Also - very important would be the how well it would hold it's value;
if I descided after a year it wasn't for me, i can;t really afford to
loose much cash!

So - that's in in a nutshell. Can anyone of you lovely people help
out a rookie?!

Thanks in advance,

Richard.

Old June 5th 07, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Take a look at www.mobile.de for the good bargains.

Rgds

Andy R

Old June 5th 07, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Tricky Dicky

On 5 Jun, 11:41, "Andy R" wrote:
[...]

Well - thats a nice website Andy, but I live in the UK and this is
German website with predominately German adverts...

Thanks anyway.

Old June 5th 07, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

On 5 Jun, 11:41, "Andy R" wrote:
[...]

I realise that, but look what you can get for 5K (7000 euros) compared to
what you can get over here. For the sake of an Easyjet flight and a bit of
paperwork you can end up with a lot more vehicle for your money, and often
German built ones like Hymers which don't leak.

Rgds

Andy R

Old June 5th 07, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Cerumen

"Andy R" wrote in message

Well - thats a nice website Andy, but I live in the UK and this is

German website with predominately German adverts...

I realise that, but look what you can get for 5K (7000 euros) compared to
what you can get over here. For the sake of an Easyjet flight and a bit
of paperwork you can end up with a lot more vehicle for your money, and
often German built ones like Hymers which don't leak.

Which is how I got mine, even with flights, travel within Germany and
hotels + temp export plates and insurance and then VRT here in Ireland for
the one I bought it was about a
third of the price.

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.