How much Gas

Old June 15th 07, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
KM[_3_]

Default How much Gas

Hi all

I am about to depart on my annual trip to foreign places and am/was about to
replace the old gas bottle.

I asked a question about 9 months ago about how do you know its empty. Check
the weight you all said. (well some did..)

So before I throw my money away,

I have a 13kg bottle.
The bottle has 15kg70 stamped on it.
The bottle weighs (with valve etc) 24.5kg

Does this mean that I still have nearly 9kg of Gas left?

Does this seem correct? I only use it for cooking but we tend to go out once
per month for longish weekends plus 3 weeks abroad every year. The last time
I replaced the bottle was just before last years trip abroad..

Thanks

Martyn

--
===========================
Martyn K

http://www.czd.org.uk

Old June 16th 07, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
KM[_3_]

RustYŠ wrote:
|| "KM" wrote in message
||| I have a 13kg bottle.
||| The bottle has 15kg70 stamped on it.
||| The bottle weighs (with valve etc) 24.5kg
||| Does this mean that I still have nearly 9kg of Gas left?
|| Yes, you do.

Thanks - I'll replace it in 2009 :-)

Martyn

--