Tandem bike rack for Hitop van??

Old June 16th 07, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Peter & Andrea

Default Tandem bike rack for Hitop van??

Hi,
We are thinking of getting a tandem, as my wife does not like th eidea
of controlling a bike in traffic.
Can I get a rack to mout a tandem on the back of a Fiat Ducato LWB Van
conversion??
What about vertically on the back door???

Thanks
Old June 17th 07, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
RustYŠ

"Peter & Andrea" wrote in message
Hi,
We are thinking of getting a tandem,...
Can I get a rack to mout a tandem on the back of a Fiat Ducato...

You could fairly easily modify a rack to allow you to fasten if on
vertically but how heavy is it ? My two bike rack is limited to 35 Kg. Any
more and you warping or tearing the back door panels.

Old June 15th 09, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy Stevens

Did you succeed as we have a Fiat Ducato Camper Van and also own a tandem.
We are trying to find a rack?

url:http://www.myreader.co.uk/msg/13151478.aspx
Old June 19th 09, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andrea & Peter Thomas

Hi,

No, we did not find a suitable rack.
We have given up as we now spend most of our time in Australia, where
we have a bigger van

Good luck

Peter