Awning rail for camper with no gutter.

Old June 27th 07, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Chap

Default Awning rail for camper with no gutter.

Does anyone know of any websites that sell awning rails for vans that don't
have a gutter on them? I have a Toyota Hiace elevating roof and I want to
get a free standing awning but without a gutter it seems impossible. I have
seen the rubber sucker pads that fit on the side of the van and you sort of
hook the awning bar on to it, the problem is that the roof is too rounded to
fit them on. I know for the VW T4's they have the Brandrup type rails, could
do with finding a universal rail to fit on side of van.

Any advice as where to get something appreciated.

Dave.

Old June 27th 07, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Bob Douglas

"Chap" wrote in message

Does anyone know of any websites that sell awning rails for vans that
don't have a gutter on them? I have a Toyota Hiace elevating roof and I
want to get a free standing awning but without a gutter it seems
impossible. I have seen the rubber sucker pads that fit on the side of the
van and you sort of hook the awning bar on to it, the problem is that the
roof is too rounded to fit them on. I know for the VW T4's they have the
Brandrup type rails, could do with finding a universal rail to fit on side
of van.

Any advice as where to get something appreciated.

Dave.

Depends exactly what you want.

Try http://www.towsure.com/product/14612-Awning_Rail for the standard
caravan type section (though sold here as 'motorhome friendly')

They are flooded out at the moment though :-(

It is more normal (IMO) to see campers fitted with J rail, emulating a
gutter, most caravan and motorhome accessory shops will stock.

You could try O'Learys www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk (a veritable Aladdins
cave). Not listed in their online shop, but it is in their downloadable
parts/spares price list - and I'd be very surprised if they couldn't supply.

HTH

Bob
--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00