Bed length in Adria Twin? Other vans with longer beds?

Old July 11th 07, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
MAT

Default Bed length in Adria Twin? Other vans with longer beds?

Greetings all!

I'm just on 6 feet (183 cm in dismal figures) tall and sleep stretched
right out due to back problems. My current van provides for a bed 180
cm long but it's not comfortable for the two of us as I have to sleep
diagonally.

I've been looking at reviews of the Adria Twin and the permanently
made-up bed appeals, but reviewers seem to have differing ideas of
what the bed size/width actually is.

Please could some kind soul, who knows how to use a tape measure and
has access to an Adria Twin, please post or email me the dimensions.
I'm wondering if there is a difference between the older ones and
those on the new Sevel base post latter half of 2006?

Some commercial van sites are giving a load width of 1870mm for the
new one.

Alternatively - without going to a coachbuilt - does anybody know of
a high-top conversion that offers a long double bed (longer than 6
feet) without needing to swing the driving/passenger seats around?

Thanks,

MAT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procrustes

Old July 11th 07, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Steve Shaw[_2_]

My Twin double bed measures approx 195 cm from Cushioned van side to other
side.
The spec on the new Adria Twin bed is 196 x 145cm. (from the brochure)
Buy one you wont regret it .

--
Steve
ups.com...

Old July 12th 07, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Robert McC.

Hi Mat
we are using Trigano Tributes & Adria Van M campers for our rental
fleet precisely because of the bed length question.

Sleeping across the van you will always have a vertical wall at either
end of your bed which just doesn't work for tall folks. The Trigano &
VanM have beds lengthways along the van with free space at the foot
end - ie you can stick your toes out without hitting a wall, neither
use the front seats to make up the length. Of course this means no
fixed bed but then you're always going to have to compromise on
something in a panel van conversion. :-)

Rob.

www.kirarentals.co.uk