TomTom One XL Europe

Old July 17th 07, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Vister.co.uk

Default TomTom One XL Europe

With a France trip coming up shortly, we just bought the TomTom One XL
Europe from Halfords:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...tegoryrn_33962

Got it today, the web offer they had in place ended today.

Seems a very nice unit.

I think the prices for these types of units are through the roof for what
they are though.

Regards,
www.vister.co.uk

Old July 17th 07, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Vister.co.uk

TomTom website

£279

http://www.tomtom.com/products/produ...347&Category=0

Amazon

£229.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

List of other sellers...

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=t...gle&ct=t itle

Old July 17th 07, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans

"Vister.co.uk" wrote in message
With a France trip coming up shortly, we just bought the TomTom One XL
Europe from Halfords:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...tegoryrn_33962

Got it today, the web offer they had in place ended today.

Can't see the web offer on that link.
Reads to me as if they have not recieved stock yet.

See
http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/pl/288-...Compare-Prices

Please reply to News Group

Old July 17th 07, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Vister.co.uk

That's because the web offer is now closed.
They had an offer on until today.
We bought online on Saturday and the unit was delivered this morning.

Regards,
www.vister.co.uk

Old July 17th 07, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Pink Voyd

"Vister.co.uk" wrote in message
That's because the web offer is now closed.
They had an offer on until today.

Which you told everyone about so that could take advantage of it?......

We bought online on Saturday and the unit was delivered this morning.

What's the bloody point of wittering on about the sat-nav *you* managed to
get, but didn't see fit to share with others.

**** off to France, lose the Tomtom, and don't come back.

Old July 17th 07, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Joe Soap

Just slightly confused, if you bought a "tomtom one XL europe", why does the
Halford add only say "tomtom one europe"?

for info infrance the "tomtom one XL europe" is selling for 349 euros,

http://www4.fnac.com/Shelf/article.a...e4a6a26a4&Fr=0

and the the "tomtom one europe" is selling for 289 euros.

Old July 17th 07, 11:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans

"Vister.co.uk" wrote in message
That's because the web offer is now closed.
They had an offer on until today.
We bought online on Saturday and the unit was delivered this morning.

So you bought TTOne
Why not get this TT XL in stock and £199.99
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...goryId=8086 5

Please reply to News Group

Old July 18th 07, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dave D

"Vister.co.uk" wrote in message
With a France trip coming up shortly, we just bought the TomTom One XL
Europe from Halfords:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...tegoryrn_33962

Got it today, the web offer they had in place ended today.

Seems a very nice unit.

I think the prices for these types of units are through the roof for what
they are though.

Regards,
www.vister.co.uk

That is not a picture of the TomTom One XL Europe, it is the older model
with the smaller screen and I believe the older maps.
Last month I paid £265.70 at PC World for the XL model which was about the
cheapest I could find for an over the counter purchase. Now it is now in
many places for £229.99. That's life.

Regards.
Dave.

Old July 18th 07, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Vister.co.uk

"David" wrote in message

"Vister.co.uk" wrote in message
That's because the web offer is now closed.
They had an offer on until today.
We bought online on Saturday and the unit was delivered this morning.

So you bought TTOne
Why not get this TT XL in stock and £199.99

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...goryId=8086 5

Please reply to News Group

That is the one we bought. It seems the deal got better from what I see in
this latest advert. We didn't get an SD card which it seems for the same
price is now included. Also we had to pay £2.99 p&p.

Regards,
www.vister.co.uk

Old July 18th 07, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Vister.co.uk

That is the one we bought. It seems the deal got better from what I see in
this latest advert. We didn't get an SD card which it seems for the same
price is now included. Also we had to pay £2.99 p&p.

Regards,
www.vister.co.uk

NO... I correct myself.
That is the GB version shown.