Petition - Trailer/Caravan width

Old July 30th 07, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Vister.co.uk

Default Petition - Trailer/Caravan width

Two more people have signed up since I posted this petition up this morning.
Obviously some support out there.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/trailer-width/

Regards,
www.vister.co.uk

Old July 30th 07, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mary Fisher

"Vister.co.uk" wrote in message
Two more people have signed up since I posted this petition up this
morning.
Obviously some support out there.

TWO!

Super.

bound to be effective.

Mary

Old July 30th 07, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Vister.co.uk

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Vister.co.uk" wrote in message
Two more people have signed up since I posted this petition up this
morning.
Obviously some support out there.

TWO!

Super.

bound to be effective.

Mary

Mary, that was two in ONE HOUR!
Don't be silly, you know exactly what was said.

Regards,
www.vister.co.uk

Old July 30th 07, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
AC[_4_]

Vister.co.uk wrote:
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...
"Vister.co.uk" wrote in message
Two more people have signed up since I posted this petition up this
morning.
Obviously some support out there.

TWO!

Super.

bound to be effective.

Mary

Mary, that was two in ONE HOUR!
Don't be silly, you know exactly what was said.

Regards,
www.vister.co.uk

How is it possible for someone to sound so smug when you can't even hear
their voice?
Old July 30th 07, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Roger Mills

Vister.co.uk wrote:

Two more people have signed up since I posted this petition up this
morning. Obviously some support out there.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/trailer-width/

Regards,
www.vister.co.uk

Not quite going at the rate of the road-pricing petition then! g

Since most people here - myself included - seem to be quite happy with the
current width restriction, maybe someone will start a counter-petition -
asking for things to be left as they are?

Come to think of it, why bother? Having seen the government response to most
of the petitions I have signed, they are all a waste of time. All you get is
a list of 'compelling' reasons why they can't - or *won't* - do what is
being asked for.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old July 30th 07, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Fran

Roger Mills said...
Since most people here - myself included - seem to be quite happy with the
current width restriction, maybe someone will start a counter-petition -
asking for things to be left as they are?

It's certainly tempting, isn't it. We don't have the roads here for
anything much wider than the existing vehicles. I've had my eyes opened
a lot since I started towing my daughter's snail around the place, but I
certainly would NOT support a change in regulation that meant that wider
caravans were permitted. If you want more space, get a longer 'van.
Our roads simply aren't built on the same scale as those on the
continent.

Someone will be wanting to upgrade the infrastructure so that they can
drive American RVs here next...

--
Fran
To email me see 'from' in headers; use your net know-how to find the
Old July 30th 07, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mary Fisher Is An Extrmely Unpleasant Cow

"AC" wrote in message
Vister.co.uk wrote:
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...
"Vister.co.uk" wrote in message
Two more people have signed up since I posted this petition up this
morning.
Obviously some support out there.
TWO!

Super.

bound to be effective.

Mary

Mary, that was two in ONE HOUR!
Don't be silly, you know exactly what was said.

Regards,
www.vister.co.uk

How is it possible for someone to sound so smug when you can't even hear
their voice?

Unlike many posters, Mary has no need to practice being smug and
unpleasant - her odious nature is entirely natural and, far from being
newsgroup theatrics, is manifested every minute of every hour of every
worthless day of her life.

Newsgroup subscribers are fortunate to be able to killfile her, or delete
her sage truisms, or simply ignore her - but do spare a thought for poor
Spouse, mentally castrated by the vile creature, he is obliged to endure her
relentless hectoring on a 24/7 basis!

One day, of course, his own sanity will crumble and he will probably stab
the evil bitch through her judgmental heart - when that happens, let us all
be sure to rally round and testify in court on his behalf.

What we will want to see is a conditional discharge from a sympathetic
Judge, and a sum awarded out of public funds enabling the wretched
hen-pecked ******* to take a good holiday and begin to rebuild his shattered
life, free from the malign influence of his former owner!

Old July 30th 07, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
AC[_4_]

Mary Fisher Is An Extrmely Unpleasant Cow wrote:
"AC" wrote in message
Vister.co.uk wrote:
[...]

And there was me meaning vister!
Old July 30th 07, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans

"AC" wrote in message
Vister.co.uk wrote:
[...]

No matter! - it's simply impossible to speak too often, or for too long,
about the odious Mary Fisher.

If I had ever been a drug user as a young man and married her whilst in a
delirious state, I can say with some certainty that I'd have driven over
her endlessly yapping head years ago (and, even as I did so, her final
words would probably have been a whining lecture about the depth warning
bars appearing on my tyre treads!) .

Spouse must be a reincarnation of a New Testament saint to have allowed her
to remain alive for so long.

Old July 30th 07, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Fran

Mary Fisher Is An Extrmely Unpleasant Cow said...
No matter! - it's simply impossible to speak too often, or for too long,
about the xxxxxxx Mary Fisher.

I'm assuming you don't know Mrs Fisher personally, so couldn't you just
use your killfile, and stop wasting bandwidth?