Petition - Trailer/Caravan width

Old July 30th 07, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Vister.co.uk

Default Petition - Trailer/Caravan width

"AC" wrote in message

Can't we decrease the maximum width to somewhere around 2.55 centimetres
& the length to 5 centimetres, then people could pop them in their
gloveboxes and they wouldn't have to get in the way!

Troll alert.

An outfit travelling nice a safely at 60mph holding up a BMW driver itching
to get the car speed to 100mph, no that won't do will it.
Get real !

Regards,
www.vister.co.uk

Old July 30th 07, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
AC[_4_]

Vister.co.uk wrote:
"AC" wrote in message

Can't we decrease the maximum width to somewhere around 2.55 centimetres
& the length to 5 centimetres, then people could pop them in their
gloveboxes and they wouldn't have to get in the way!

Troll alert.

An outfit travelling nice a safely at 60mph holding up a BMW driver itching
to get the car speed to 100mph, no that won't do will it.
Get real !

Regards,
www.vister.co.uk

It most certainly wouldn't do if I had ever driven a BMW nor been held
up by self-righteous pricks like you who can't keep your mobile rabbit
hutch to the left of the centre line even on a straight road.
Old July 30th 07, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Vister.co.uk

"AC" wrote in message

".... like you who can't keep your mobile rabbit hutch to the left of the
centre line even on a straight road".

Firstly, I don't believe you have seen my driving skills.
Secondly, I would not call the 6.8 metres of internal length space a rabbit
hutch.

Regards,
www.vister.co.uk

Old July 30th 07, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
AC[_4_]

Vister.co.uk wrote:

Firstly, I don't believe you have seen my driving skills.
Secondly, I would not call the 6.8 metres of internal length space a rabbit
hutch.

Regards,
www.vister.co.uk

I would if I had to eat, sleep & defecate in it!
Old July 30th 07, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
NM

AC wrote:
Vister.co.uk wrote:

Firstly, I don't believe you have seen my driving skills.
Secondly, I would not call the 6.8 metres of internal length space a
rabbit
hutch.

Regards,
www.vister.co.uk

I would if I had to eat, sleep & defecate in it!

Isn't that about the size of a prison cell?
Old July 30th 07, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Terry

On Jul 30, 11:26 am, NM wrote:
AC wrote:
Vister.co.uk wrote:

Firstly, I don't believe you have seen my driving skills.
Secondly, I would not call the 6.8 metres of internal length space a
rabbit
hutch.

Regards,
www.vister.co.uk

I would if I had to eat, sleep & defecate in it!

Isn't that about the size of a prison cell?

Sounds a much larger living space than our sailboat. With which there
are of course questions of how big a boat can be sailed, as opposed to
driving, by one or two people. Also mooring, docking and pumping etc.
Also unlike a caravan one can't just stop and step outside. Oops;
splash!!!!!

Old July 30th 07, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
NM

terry wrote:
On Jul 30, 11:26 am, NM wrote:
AC wrote:
Vister.co.uk wrote:
Firstly, I don't believe you have seen my driving skills.
Secondly, I would not call the 6.8 metres of internal length space a
rabbit
hutch.
Regards,
www.vister.co.uk
I would if I had to eat, sleep & defecate in it!

Isn't that about the size of a prison cell?

Sounds a much larger living space than our sailboat. With which there
are of course questions of how big a boat can be sailed, as opposed to
driving, by one or two people. Also mooring, docking and pumping etc.
Also unlike a caravan one can't just stop and step outside. Oops;
splash!!!!!

My sailboat is 17 metres long on the deck excluding bowsprite. (gaff
rigged Ketch) SWMBO and I sailed it by ourselves back from the USA. it
'aint the size it's the ease things can be done. Bucket and chuck it is
also difficult in a caravan, the bucket bit is fine.
Old July 30th 07, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Alan Holmes

"NM" wrote in message
AC wrote:
Vister.co.uk wrote:

Firstly, I don't believe you have seen my driving skills.
Secondly, I would not call the 6.8 metres of internal length space a
rabbit
hutch.

Regards,
www.vister.co.uk

I would if I had to eat, sleep & defecate in it!

Isn't that about the size of a prison cell?

You've had experience?(:-)

Old July 30th 07, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
NM

Alan Holmes wrote:
"NM" wrote in message
AC wrote:
Vister.co.uk wrote:

Firstly, I don't believe you have seen my driving skills.
Secondly, I would not call the 6.8 metres of internal length space a
rabbit
hutch.

Regards,
www.vister.co.uk

I would if I had to eat, sleep & defecate in it!

Isn't that about the size of a prison cell?

You've had experience?(:-)

Luckily not, I did spend the night in clink once in my youth in Spain
but it was like a big dormitory, they let me out in the morning after
they emptied my wallet.
Old July 30th 07, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mary Fisher

"NM" wrote in message
news

... I did spend the night in clink once in my youth in Spain

Ooh, tell us more :-)

Mary