Overnight in Belgium

Old July 30th 07, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

Default Overnight in Belgium

I'm driving from Calais to Switzerland via Luxembourg in a couple of weeks
time.

Does anyone know of a half decent site somewhere around or south of Namur,
not too far off the motorway, that's good for an overnight stop with a
camper van? If it's particularly good we may stay for a couple of days

TIA

Andy R

Old July 30th 07, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
John Miller

"Andy R" wrote in message
I'm driving from Calais to Switzerland via Luxembourg in a couple of
weeks time.

Does anyone know of a half decent site somewhere around or south of Namur,
not too far off the motorway, that's good for an overnight stop with a
camper van? If it's particularly good we may stay for a couple of days

TIA

Andy R

Might be too far south for you, but we stayed overnight at a site at Bertrix
in the Ardennes, about 10 minutes off the motorway (junction 25, N89) coming
back in July. It's a Camping Cheques site, complete with restaurant, large
swimming pool, etc. Friendly and helpful staff and a nice site. Can't
remember the name as it had changed recently from the name given in the
Camping Cheques book (where they list it as Kompas Camping), but there's
only the one and it is well signposted from the small town.

John Miller

Old August 3rd 07, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dave

On 31 Jul, 00:20, "John Miller" wrote:
"Andy R" wrote in message

I'm driving from Calais to Switzerland via Luxembourg in a couple of
weeks time.

Does anyone know of a half decent site somewhere around or south of Namur,
not too far off the motorway, that's good for an overnight stop with a
camper van? If it's particularly good we may stay for a couple of days

TIA

If you leave Calais reasonably early you would easily make Luxembourg
by the early afternoon without breaking any limits. Last time I went
that way I stopped at Schwebsingen Camping Du Port, listed in the CC
book under Remich, even better if you want to stop over a couple of
days is Diekirch (Camping de la Sure) though this would be a bit of a
detour,depends how long you have got
Dave

Old August 3rd 07, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
PM

If you leave Calais reasonably early you would easily make Luxembourg
by the early afternoon without breaking any limits. Last time I went
that way I stopped at Schwebsingen Camping Du Port, listed in the CC
book under Remich, even better if you want to stop over a couple of
days is Diekirch (Camping de la Sure) though this would be a bit of a
detour,depends how long you have got
Dave

_______________________________

Also in the frame at Esch Sur Alzette, Lu is

http://www.gaalgebierg.lu/

Two years ago in November it was excellent, with some of the best - and
warmest - toilets/showers encountered anywhere!
The camp site at Diekirch, above, is also excellent and there is a large
supermarket down the road, "Cactus" an independant Lux owned operation of
good quality and LOW prices.

Old August 13th 07, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
[email protected]

On 30 Jul, 15:38, "Andy R" wrote:
I'm driving from Calais to Switzerland via Luxembourg in a couple of weeks
time.

Do you need to stop? Last year I did the drive from Dunkirk to Zurich.
Left Dunkirk at 10:00, arrived Zurich 23:30. Stopped a few times to
snooze, eat, gas up. No probs. Plus I took the pretty way across
Switzerland as I'm too tight to cough for a vignette. Mind you, the
roadworks across Belgium and Luxembourg were so ****e I took the
southern route home and stopped in Langres overnight in the camping
municipal. 7 euros. Just the job, but only if you have a smallish van.