Modeo MK1 Towbar Electrics

« - | - »

Old August 1st 07, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Classic Car Man

Default Modeo MK1 Towbar Electrics

I've just fitted the towbar and now I'm about to fit the electrics. I know
how to wire it up, but every car I've fitted before has always had a grommet
in the back to remove to allow the wire through.

What is the path for a Mondeo estate - without drilling a hole !!

Old August 1st 07, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Guy King

The message
from "Classic Car Man" contains these
words:

What is the path for a Mondeo estate - without drilling a hole !!

On mine I just bunged a hole in. It's only a Mondeo, after all.

--
Skipweasel
We have always been at war with Iran. [George Orwell - almost]
Old August 1st 07, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
:Jerry:

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from "Classic Car Man" contains
these
words:

What is the path for a Mondeo estate - without drilling a hole !!

On mine I just bunged a hole in. It's only a Mondeo, after all.

Most of the ones I seen with towbar electrics have just had the cable
passed through one of the rear air-flow vent, the ones in the rear 1/4
panel behind the bumper.

Old August 1st 07, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Steve Firth

Classic Car Man wrote:

What is the path for a Mondeo estate - without drilling a hole !!

Not sure there is one.

Drill a hole and make damn sure you paint the edges. Install your own
grommet (obviously buy grommets first, drill hole of appropriate size).
Then if you have any sense apply silicone sealer to the bundle of wires
where they pass through the grommet to make the whole mess properly
water tight.

« - | - »